Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back someone posted a message about how they were herassed about wearing their round Georgia X Riders patch. In the thread (which I could not find) they said that the Outlaws let him know that he could not wear the patch because there was another group called the Georgia Riders (which no one has ever heard of before) which was affilated with the Outlaws. Well on Saturday I was at a friends house and she was sewing a round patch on the back of someone's vest and it was a "Georgia Riders" patch. (Georgia on top and Riders on the bottom) On the front of the vest she sewed a smaller rectangle patch that states: "I support my local Outlaws" It turns out that I kind of know this guy so, the next time I see him I am going to ask him what the big deal is about our patch. Theirs is just "Georgia Riders" and ours is Georgia X Riders. BTW our patch is a hell of a lot nicer than theirs and that might also be the issue. It will be interesting to get his take on the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
A while back someone posted a message about how they were herassed about wearing their round Georgia X Riders patch. In the thread (which I could not find) they said that the Outlaws let him know that he could not wear the patch because there was another group called the Georgia Riders (which no one has ever heard of before) which was affilated with the Outlaws. Well on Saturday I was at a friends house and she was sewing a round patch on the back of someone's vest and it was a "Georgia Riders" patch. (Georgia on top and Riders on the bottom) On the front of the vest she sewed a smaller rectangle patch that states: "I support my local Outlaws" It turns out that I kind of know this guy so, the next time I see him I am going to ask him what the big deal is about our patch. Theirs is just "Georgia Riders" and ours is Georgia X Riders. BTW our patch is a hell of a lot nicer than theirs and that might also be the issue. It will be interesting to get his take on the whole thing.
"sometimes" two clubs with two of the same words being used can be an issue..sometimes even spelling the whole state name is a problem as well..
using state abreviations get less hassle..

in your case it is..possible..they support 1%ers.. you dont..
get the story from the guy you know..and do a sit down and get the right info...

if there patch was established before yours?? ya might have a problem with your design and there's of the two words and or colors as well ..what colors are used and how, are the biggest hurtle to pass for any club.." not to look like anybody elses" ......

my 2 cents..hope it helps..

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wear mine all of the time and have never had an issue. I am curious I guess to see if there is actually an issue. It is just a patch and I ordered it because it filled up the back of my vest and it looked good. There is really not a MC or anything like that which is associated with the patch. It is mainly for decoration.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I wear mine all of the time and have never had an issue. I am curious I guess to see if there is actually an issue. It is just a patch and I ordered it because it filled up the back of my vest and it looked good. There is really not a MC or anything like that which is associated with the patch. It is mainly for decoration.
most patches or colors dignifying a "state" and is large enough.
say 10" inch round or more...you will be "approached"

may not be around your naiborhood...but the next one,or town in your state..you will get approached... you have not been "seen" by others yet..;)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I posted the thread you referred to (“Saturday - A Great & Interesting Day”) back in May this year. (presently on page 4) You are the first I’ve heard of, other that the 4 Outlaws who spoke to me, who have any knowledge of the existence of a 1%er Georgia Riders MC who support the Outlaws. Thanks for that update. I would not say I was exactly harassed by the Outlaws but they did make me very aware of an issue they felt needed resolving regarding the Georgia X-Riders patch I was wearing on back on my black leather jacket. 1 %er’s definition of a patch is Not that it’s just a patch and just for decoration. Your ideas and reasoning mean nothing to them. I agree with what VTXBronco has said. Although, which patch was established first will have little consequence now since the Georgia X-Riders patch design was never presented to the Outlaws and “ok’ed” by them back when it was first made. A Georgia X-Riders patch that looks better than the Outlaw supporter's patch named the Georgia Riders is going to be a definate sore spot with both MC's. I feel they, the Georgia Riders along with the Outlaws are open to "discuss" the issue but don't expect to change their minds with your own reasoning. Bottom line is who is ready to address the issue with the Outlaws when a patch design change is the only choice they will offer .... and don't expect it to be their patch being changed.
Of coarse, I would imagine they would also be ok with a simple universal removal and "scrubbing" of the Georgia patch in question.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most patches or colors dignifying a "state" and is large enough.
say 10" inch round or more...you will be "approached"

may not be around your naiborhood...but the next one,or town in your state..you will get approached... you have not been "seen" by others yet..;)
I was around some Black Pistons and they did not say a word to me.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I was around some Black Pistons and they did not say a word to me.
Were you wearing the Georgia X-Riders patch at the time?
Did the Black Pistons see it?
Were there any Outlaws also present?
1%er's are unpredictable.

The Black Pistons may not have had a wild hair up their butts that day or they may not have an issue with the Georgia X-Riders patch. Seems the Outlaws have somewhat taken the Georgia Riders under their wing. The Georgia Riders suport the Outlaws... and vise-versa. Power in numbers, you know. Plus, there's other "benefits" for both MC's, I'm sure. Always expect to be outnumbered when you're confronted. They pick the time and the place.

I've been around the Outlaws a number of times in the past and they did not say a word to me, either. Some 1%er's are more or less aggressive than others.... like I said... they're unpredictable.... kinda like most other dangerous wild animals.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Patch

Dont care to much about a vTx patch on my leather vest or jacket, I had rather let my 1300c wear the vTx badge:thumbup:. I have my own patch that I created and put it on my vest and jacket and wear it every where I go on the bike even in Fla, Tn, Nc, Sc, Ala, Ohio and Kentucky. Ive never had a problem with no one except a LOT of looks and how good it looks. Im working on another patch but dont know wheather to put Georgia or Silver Creek Ga on it although I prefer the 2nd but it sure would be long.:doorag:. Would like to get together and take a ride from Rome across Lookout Mountain to Chattanooga and eat and ride back some Sunday. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
This is a thread that really needs to die!

It's like pokin' a dead dog with a stick.:yikes:
it was just about dead until you bumped it up.... ;)

in fact, they are all just about dead

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
This is a thread that really needs to die!

It's like pokin' a dead dog with a stick.:yikes:
I agree. Let this subject die already!

FWIW: I still wear my patch.
The thread was already a Week Old...... going on two weeks...
and there you go pokin' it with a stick!

man you and thumper really spend too much time around dead dogs...;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Response for the Georgia Riders

A while back someone posted a message about how they were herassed about wearing their round Georgia X Riders patch. In the thread (which I could not find) they said that the Outlaws let him know that he could not wear the patch because there was another group called the Georgia Riders (which no one has ever heard of before) which was affilated with the Outlaws. Well on Saturday I was at a friends hHouse and she was sewing a round patch on the back of someone's vest and it was a "Georgia Riders" patch. (Georgia on top and Riders on the bottom) On the front of the vest she sewed a smaller rectangle patch that states: "I support my local Outlaws" It turns out that I kind of know this guy so, the next time I see him I am going to ask him what the big deal is about our patch. Theirs is just "Georgia Riders" and ours is Georgia X Riders. BTW our patch is a hell of a lot nicer than theirs and that might also be the issue. It will be interesting to get his take on the whole thing.
When you made up your clubs patch did you take any time to research that there might be an existing club in Ga with that name there is a protocol to starting a new club in any state. The Georgia Riders have chapters in Macon, Canton,Jasper and Atlanta anyone in the biker community in Ga have probably heard of us or rode in one of our rides. I would suggest you talk to some of us before you take our name and put it on a patch as we would not want to use another existing clubs name either. I have many Brothers that have put blood sweat and tears into that patch and it is very important to us. Some people take their club more seriously than a week end ride on the dragons tail it's a way of life and I would hope your club would respect our patch.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Wow. Old thread digging up older guys.

I sold my VTX a while back and am three bikes removed now. I still think this group was the best thing going. I ran into my extra patches the other day. The Dan Prickester and the big circle. I bought extras to get us a minimum run. Good times. Hope you guys are still riding.

·
Registered
327 Posts
When you made up your clubs patch did you take any time to research that there might be an existing club in Ga with that name there is a protocol to starting a new club in any state. The Georgia Riders have chapters in Macon, Canton,Jasper and Atlanta anyone in the biker community in Ga have probably heard of us or rode in one of our rides. I would suggest you talk to some of us before you take our name and put it on a patch as we would not want to use another existing clubs name either. I have many Brothers that have put blood sweat and tears into that patch and it is very important to us. Some people take their club more seriously than a week end ride on the dragons tail it's a way of life and I would hope your club would respect our patch.
You sound like you know what you're talking about. Pardon, my lack of experience, but do MCs like your's care if the patch has a different symbol, is a different size, has a different color, or is it simply a problem having the words "Georgia Riders"?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts