• Max Air

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellows, I wanted to start a topic which will track the modifications I'm completing on my 1800 "X" with Highlander custom Cycles at the Helm.

I referred to it as KPS (Kip's Pro Street) since that's all I could think of. Folks helping with this project and I'll list them here first.

:arrow: Highlander Custom Cycles
:arrow: Honda Direct Line (Thanks for the Builders Discount...Big Savings)
:arrow: Brown County Customs
:arrow: Kewl Metal

Here is my bike prior to being sent to Highlander Custom Cycles in Dania FL. which BTW is only 30 minutes or so from HDL

Here is a list of changes I'm planning. Now, I must admit, this project for me was only going to be custom paint and sheet metal with raked frame and extended front end until I kept reading this board and looking at all the possibilities. So here is my complete list as of 4/14/05 (in no particular order):

:arrow: Stretched Tank and Seam removal (no more trim... :( )
:arrow: French’d In, 2005 Honda Digital Speedo
:arrow: Pop-up Gas Cap
:arrow: Custom Front and Rear Fenders
:arrow: Custom Paint (Kandy Orange) w/tribal graphics in black
:arrow: HCC Custom Bars w/hidden cables and wiring
:arrow: Custom chrome grips, switch boxes, and mirrors,
:arrow: Custom Forward Controls
:arrow: RC Chrome Predator Rear Wheel 18"X 5.5" w/super hub
:arrow: RC Chrome Predator Front Wheel 21"X 3.5"
:arrow: RC Polished Rotors all around
:arrow: ME 880 200/50 rear and ME 880 Front tires
:arrow: 42* raked frame
:arrow: 6* raked triple trees
:arrow: Kewl Metal 4" extended Billet Forks Legs
:arrow: BCC/Cycle House Softail Swingarm (chrome)
:arrow: BCC/Cycle House Down Under Rear Caliper bracket (chrome)
:arrow: Kewl Metal Rear Air Suspension
:arrow: Morton's XROIDS Chrome exhaust
:arrow: Custom Seats (Rider and Passanger w/GEL Pads)
:arrow: Relocate overflow coolant bottle b/w cylinders
:arrow: Progressive Fork Springs
:arrow: Kewl Metal Fat Fork Covers
:arrow: Custom Mounted Rear LED taillight/turn signals
:arrow: Sidemount license plate with LED brake light
:arrow: Chrome Final Drive assembly
:arrow: Velocity 2 extreme Twin Ram Air Breather

Well, that's all I can manage to remember at this time. I'm off to meet with HCC in Dania tomorrow and review all mod's and finalize items such as bar design and positions, forward control positions, rear fender/taillight design, paint options/colors, etc.

I'm extremely excited about these modifications and want to thank Hal at HDL, Rob at BCC, Big Joe at Kewl Metal, and Glenn at VTX-Treme, Bruce at [email protected], among many others that have answered questions and taken time to help me decide what was best for me.

Most of all... Thanks to Shawn Henderson at HCC who is one of the nicest folks to deal with. Always taken time to discuss my thoughts and plans and help me understand his abilities and limitations (though very few) of what to do and at what cost. Though, I must admit, I've not restricted a lot of cost.

Right now, my estimate is close to 15K which should include paint and other minor details/mod's to bring everything together.

Photos next week from what's already complete!

So what do you guy's think and did I miss anything major I should have???

Thanks
RKip 8)
(Randall)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heheheheee! Actually, I have the Valkyrie, though it's no subsusitition for the "X".

I also must point out that I'm really concerned about the XRIOD Exhaust. I know most everyone has been really dissappointed with the performance of these exhaust and that they are also very non-practial and everyone burns themself with these.

Our plan is to relocatre my forward control outward a couple inches (2") to allow me to use the entire right foot peg.

I am also already dissappointed in the fact that Morton Customs could careless about their product and the customers satisfaction.

I wish/hope someone comes out with ture Cool/Custom exhaust very soon! BCC has a nice set, but Rob really dislikes making them....LOL

RKip 8)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
RKip,

Give Shawn a good swift kick in the pants for me will ya :lol:

Oh yeah....and he cant start on your bike till he is done with mine! :badabing:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... problem is your tank has taken up so DAMN Much Time... that mine is now late.... :cus:

But I'm going out there to try and change that, I hope...! and I'm bringing more Money.... :lol:

I'll be taken new photos for you Mike as well!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are to right Pete....

But actually, it may end up slightly over that...! However, I think within +/- 1K. I have some updates, just returned from Highlander in Florida today.

RKip

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: Stretched Tank...w/increased Volume of 1.2 gals.

Hey folks, here is an update on my KPS project bike. I was in Dania FL. this weekend and had a great time with Shawn of Highlander Custom Cycles.

If anyone is interested in getting a guy that knows how to customize a VTX than Shawn and Highlander are the guy's to talk to before commiting to anyone. You owe it to yourself in my humble opinion.

First here is the Stretched Tanks on the bike:

Yes, the stretch from Highlander is a curved stretch. This will help with the pro street look I'm after. Also, now for you thursty hungery folks out there. Shawn at Highlander will be increasing the gasoline volume capacity of my tank from 4.5 to 5.7 gals. +/- 0.1 gals.

Take a look:

BEFORE

AFTER the mod.

So what you guy's think... cooooool stretch!

OK... also here is the bike from rear to front:

The rake is 45* with the 21" front wheel/ME 880 tire combo. Also, you can see the RC Predator wheel of choice. Not to mention the Kewl Metal Fork legs. Those babies are a work of art. Anyone thinking about these puppies I can assure you the craftmenship is second to none!

So let me here what you guy's think!!!!

RKip 8)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: UPDATE: Stretched Tank...w/increased Volume of 1.2 gals.

RKip said:
Hey folks, here is an update on my KPS project bike. I was in Dania FL. this weekend and had a great time with Shawn of Highlander Custom Cycles.

If anyone is interested in getting a guy that knows how to customize a VTX than Shawn and Highlander are the guy's to talk to before commiting to anyone. You owe it to yourself in my humble opinion.

First here is the Stretched Tanks on the bike:

Yes, the stretch from Highlander is a curved stretch. This will help with the pro street look I'm after. Also, now for you thursty hungery folks out there. Shawn at Highlander will be increasing the gasoline volume capacity of my tank from 4.5 to 5.7 gals. +/- 0.1 gals.

Take a look:

BEFORE

AFTER the mod.

So what you guy's think... cooooool stretch!

OK... also here is the bike from rear to front:

The rake is 45* with the 21" front wheel/ME 880 tire combo. Also, you can see the RC Predator wheel of choice. Not to mention the Kewl Metal Fork legs. Those babies are a work of art. Anyone thinking about these puppies I can assure you the craftmenship is second to none!

So let me here what you guy's think!!!!

RKip 8)

Oh man that is soooooo awesome......I'm so jealous.
Wish I had that type of people here who can do that sort of rake on my bike......Your bike is going to be drop dead gorgeous.....Can't wait to see the final product.
If that was my bike...and it's not.....I would go solid candy color...no graphics, flames, smoke, tribal, glitter, flakes, or anything to clutter it up.....Keep it clean and it will make it's own statement against the tattoo'd and stick something on it crowd. :wink:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know it's been a while and believe it or not this project is just getting fun. Most all the parts are in and Shawn is back from his 2 week Alaska trip for his son's graduation....!

Thanks to Rob at Brown County Custom http://www.1bccinc.com for getting my swingarm and down under brake unit to Shawn at Highlander... here is a shot of it with the new 200 rear Metz, the RC predator wheel, RC Rotor, and the BCC Down Under Brake Bracket.

The fender was what we originally agreed to since I was originally not going to go with the Softail swingarm...and was still going to have shocks. So now we scrapped the fender...and will be making one from a blank to eliminate the undercut for rear shock clearences.

RKip 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morton's Added to my KPS Bike

Well, here is a look w/the Mortons I purchased from Hal! I must admit, for me.... these are the best looking pipes on the market if you're interested in anything that doesn't stick out past the rear pegs.

I'm a little concerned with the lost in low end... but added the power cones (thanks to Hutchjc1 - Jim) I'll also be adding the V2X twin ram air breather, which should help too... I hope!

Anyway... here is the pic... which also shows the overall length of the bike.... at 80" axle to axle.

BTW... you guy's sure are quite... on this topic... :lol:

RKip 8)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Great, everytime I see new pictures of your project I know mine is that much further from done :wink:

Looking good Randall!

Looks like I am headed for paint this week. :pepper1:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: Morton's Added to my KPS Bike

RKip said:

BTW... you guy's sure are quite... on this topic... :lol:

RKip 8)
The Mortons really make it IMO. Looks freakin' awesome. Can't wait to see the final. Post totals when done. Days in shop, $'s and more.......
Might give hope for some of us on the fence.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Highlander is making these and they will be chrome

Hey Folks... Shawn at Highlander has ten of these at the chromer now. He plans on makiing them available very soon! You can see them here in the RAW.

The Pointed Fork Caps... not sure of the price yet...should be reasonable I think. I will post more photos of chromed caps soon... according to shawn.

What do you guy's think?

RKip 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shawn is great when it comes to changes....

Hey folks... check out my 2nd rear fender... which I like better, but still isn't what I/We had in mind. Shawn explained to me why he didn't like the fender... and I had to agree. The rear struts would not look right on this setup. So he ordered a new fender at no cost to me, and cut off the rear struts.

Remember, I'm doing the BCC Custom Softail swingarm setup with Kewl Metal Air Suspension.

Before:

Now:

However, the main reason for cutting the struts was so I could add a 250 rear tire when I go with the singlesided swingarm and left Side Brake which will eventually be available from BCC as well.

This is where working with Shawn paid off... not many builders are flexible.

I'll have more photos soon.... plus a problem with my twin Air Breather... and XROID Exhaust System.

What do you guy's think?

RKip 8)

·
Registered
132 Posts
New fender looks much better :D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts