Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bama Guy's/Gal's,

When I return home to Huntsville, I hope my new project bike is complete... or should be real close.

Here is a photo of the KPS project bike.

What you guy's think?

RKip 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike is in Florida at the moment at Highlander Custom Cycles. I'll be back in July, plan on getting it mid-July and riding to the Homcoming in late July so I can ride in the VTX 1000 ride to the Honda Plant.

Much more instore than what you're looking at. Working on new rear fender, softail, custom one-off bars, custom seat, and a new breather!

More photos in a week I hope!

RKip 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got the rear wheel, Brown County Swingarm, down under brake bracket, and Morton's XRIODS bolted on .... working on the bars and other special pieces... such as a new rear fender... this one sucked!!!

The tank is now being worked... we just put on another one that was in the shop when I was at Highlander.

RKip 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bama Brothers.... here is the latest look of my "X"

What do you guy's think

RKip 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds great... looking forward to just returning to Alabama in August.... been in Texas for the past year.

Here are a couple looks at the fenders:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
So close to perfection... Partner, the only thing keeping that scoot from being perfect is the fact that my name isn't on the title... :( Seriously though, she looks incredible now. She'll topple buildings once you're done with her. Big Time Kudos. Ride safe my friend. 8)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guy's.... hoping to get her painted next week!

Here is a better shot of the tank and bars:

And the new Air Breather from V2X:

RKip 8)

BTW... I'm back in Bama Land to stay.... !

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey fellows.... My "X" is going to paint this weekend! here is the tank in it's final primed state prior to paint!

We also made quite a few changes when I was in FL last week in July, things like peg mount location, extra sheet metal, etc...! You can see more photos on the main thread to this project at:
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67282

Tank in Prime

Looking forward to meeting many Bama "X" riders at the BBQ... though I'll be on my Valk!

RKip 8)

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
:shock: Wow, Kip, nice work...that looks like a small Pratt Whitney engine you have for an air intake!! :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks... POGOGOLF, the air intake is from Velocity 2 Extreme and looking into the breather is the air filter..., looks like a small turbine!

http://www.v2x.com

RKip

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a small look at the paint... It's at the graphic shop now! Assmebly begins on Monday!

cy'all at the BBQ

RKip

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Graphics and paint....getting close!

Hey Bama Brothers... getting closer to completion now! heading down south this weekend for a closer look and ride down to the Keys for a Ralley!

Should be finished on the 11th.... but more like the 15th....!

RKip 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts