Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgrade from a 04 750 AERO to a 06 VTX 1300 C candy orange and so far i found the vtx mufler is more quiet than the aero, there is more mirrors vibration on the vtx, the riding position in the vtx is more confortable for me than the aero,and the more importan thing is the power on the vtx .
I'm new in this forum, i will be asking many things related to this bike

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did almost exactly the same upgrade. I agree that the pipes, for whatever reason, do almost sound quieter on the VTX. And you are also correct about the mirror vibration, especially at highway speeds. But hey, those are minor considerations when taking into account all the advantages of the 1300.

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome!!! :p
Ask and learn.......I hope you love this place as much as I do :shock:
Congrats on your first post!

G

·
Welcome! And the mirrors were the first thing I changed on my bike...now I can see what is behind me, and it is not a blur!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
welcome to the board and the X family

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to every body, when i did buy it yesterday whit 0 miles, now it have 80 but i'm a little sad because yust now that i was driving in first gear at about 10 mph in a parking lot i can hear a knoking noise in the bottom of the engine, i'm auto mechanic for more than 20 years and it migh be a cranksaft bearing noise .
It is sad when you buy some thing brand new and some thing like that happen

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Ken, tell me abouth the mirrors, brand, price and where can i buy

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
gildagu said:
Thanks to every body, when i did buy it yesterday whit 0 miles, now it have 80 but i'm a little sad because yust now that i was driving in first gear at about 10 mph in a parking lot i can hear a knoking noise in the bottom of the engine, i'm auto mechanic for more than 20 years and it migh be a cranksaft bearing noise .
No worries! It's a single pin crank engine -- nature of the beast! Buy yourself some loud pipes dude.... relax and enjoy the ride!

Floodgates 8)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Floodgates said:
gildagu said:
No worries! It's a single pin crank engine -- nature of the beast! Buy yourself some loud pipes dude.... relax and enjoy the ride!

Floodgates 8)
Good advice!
It's nothing like a car either...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what the automechanics would like to say to the customers that complain about stupid noises on cars " close the windows and turn up the the radio volumen "
Can any body tell me how to highligt somebody replay for a new replay ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
KenzX said:
Welcome! And the mirrors were the first thing I changed on my bike...now I can see what is behind me, and it is not a blur!
How about sharing the info on the mirrors you switched to???

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Floodgates said:
gildagu said:

Floodgates 8)
Can you tell me more about this, because what i hear is like when you are hitihg lightly the crank case whit a hamer

·
Registered
207 Posts
gildagu said:
I just upgrade from a 04 750 AERO to a 06 VTX 1300 C candy orange and so far i found the vtx mufler is more quiet than the aero, there is more mirrors vibration on the vtx, the riding position in the vtx is more confortable for me than the aero,and the more importan thing is the power on the vtx .
I'm new in this forum, i will be asking many things related to this bike
Just did the same thing a few days ago.

Enjoy!

Slinky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts