Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROLL CALL!!!

a bike went down hard in front of the new Wal-Mart moments ago. (Navarre, right by my house)

They had to care flight the guy outta here. I couldn't get there quick enough to ID the bike but I wanna know where everyone in this group is -

tjk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
not me

·
Registered
71 Posts
Me and my better half are present and accounted for

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he should survive....sport biker, young dude....19-20'ish

broke BOTH legs...but not really SUPER severe......freakin media man....(not MY side..the news side)

FIRST THING outta their mouths...."not wearing a helmet" -

I WISH (and will say something on the air Monday) they would STOP over sensationalizing "no helmet".

YES, we should wear them. But the dude broke his LEGS. The helmet wouldn't have helped. Wanna know something else? Strap me up in my helmet, and my jacket and I ride like a BANSHEE....I'm MUCH calmer w/ no lid....

Anyway, it was a brother biker obviously, but not one of us.....and I think he'll be ok eventually -

tjk

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
brother i'd love to come be on the air with ya sometime and discuss the helmet issue....totally with ya on this one.....startin to feel like the united states of the ussr here. freakin stop with the helmet thing....the damn media ( present company accepted ) sucks on this. like ya said bro...first thing out,NO HELMET, guess they'll try to make us wear that armor clothing the crotchers wear next. what happened to freedom of choice here and god given enalianable rites to be who or what we choose, freedom to dress the way we want and speak our minds without fear of repercussion.....because most cagers and crotchers are idiots that force our insurance rates to climb now someone thinks they have the rite to tell me i have to wear a helmet.....MY SKULL....MY CHOICE and if i dont want insurance and risk losing everything i own MY CHOICE and if i wanna smoke weed....MY CHOICE....and if....ah never mind.....sorry about the tyrade but geeze.....screw the moral majority....most of 'em are hipocrytes that didn't get caught doin the stuff they bitch about anyway. makes me question why i fought for freedoms i really dont actually have....in theory we're free....in actuallity , nah . i gotta go ride and mellow.....WITHOUT A HELMET ! AND PLEASE, THIS AINT POINT COUNTER POINT.....just needed to vent....if ya dont agree with what i've said, write me a private PM and we'll discuss it. no need to make ourselves look like bickering a$$holes on an open forum

·
Registered
466 Posts
A friend of ours died a year ago. The newspaper pointed out that the bike was brand new and he didn't have a helmet; making it sound like he was new to riding. The truth? He had over 35 years of continuous experience without a single accident. He missed a curve but so would anyone else who had just died of a heart attack. Of course, the newspaper didn't bother to print the rest of the story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts