Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL...ME AGAIN...THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE RESPONDED...planing on rotella t6...just cant deside on filter..#purulator..k&n...walmart..i checked previous posts via google to the right..but..ehhhh..again..06 1800R i believe..tksssss:wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
HI ALL...ME AGAIN...THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE RESPONDED...planing on rotella t6...just cant deside on filter..#purulator..k&n...walmart..i checked previous posts via google to the right..but..ehhhh..again..06 1800R i believe..tksssss:wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:
Any name brand filter will do. The upper grade K & N is nice with the wrench fitting on the end real easy to loosen. To save money the Supertech ST6607 from walmart can't be beat and is what I have on mine right now. Personal preference.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have only used k&n on my 1800C.
I buy it here in Canada for about fifteen bucks although there are other cheaper alternatives for about $10.
it's all personal preference, I just like to stick to what I know and what works. Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
10,799 Posts
I have used many Purolator oil filters.
PL14612 or L14612
I fill my oil filters before installing.
I have been doing this for a long time.

Some good people have disected oil filters to measure filter media, to comment on drain back valve and filter bypass valve.

Search on Google.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts