Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question... I have a '04 VTX1300C that has been sitting for almost 9 years. Last fall I started working on cleaning it up
The first major problem that I found was the po had left gas in it for 9 years, needless to say the carb was totally gunked up.
So I took it to the local shop and let them rebuild it(over $300.)
Anyway, I am trying to get it all back together, can't remember where the vacuum lines from the carb run too.
I have the service manual, but can't see where they run, I see a connection under the top fame bar near the rear of the tank, another on the left side of the intake between the cylinders, there is one on the petcock.
Does the vacuum line on the right side of the carb run to all these connectors?
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
2006 VTX 1300C
3 Posts
Quick question... I have a '04 VTX1300C that has been sitting for almost 9 years. Last fall I started working on cleaning it up
The first major problem that I found was the po had left gas in it for 9 years, needless to say the carb was totally gunked up.
So I took it to the local shop and let them rebuild it(over $300.)
Anyway, I am trying to get it all back together, can't remember where the vacuum lines from the carb run too.
I have the service manual, but can't see where they run, I see a connection under the top fame bar near the rear of the tank, another on the left side of the intake between the cylinders, there is one on the petcock.
Does the vacuum line on the right side of the carb run to all these connectors?
Thanks for any info
Yes, that vacuum line has 2 Tees in it. The first under the frame rail goes to the smog diaphragm and the second goes to intake manifold and fuel shutoff.

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
Fuel tank vent at right rear is not associated with vacuum.. Vent only..
Minimum vacuum plumbing: Vacuum from intake manifold to a TEE;
One hose to the petcock, the other hose to the carb Air Cutoff Valve.
If it has stock pipes more than likely a PAIR (Pulsed Air Injection)
which requires another Tee and hose.
Pix and Things from MR VTX Carb 101
If you have a California version there are more hoses.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts