Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or know where to locate one of the Official Honda valve adjustment tools - 070MA-MEA0100? I've been looking around and can't seem to locate one. I'm getting kind of tired of busting my knuckles using the wrong tools and figured I might just go ahead and spring for one of the official tools for the next time around.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Rainman, I have the tool. I got mine from my local stealer. If I remember correctly is was around $11.00. They had to order it for me. I will loan mine to you if you PM with your address.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's ok T-Bone....I'll probably just get one of my own. I appreciate it though. Thanks for the info.

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
T-Bone said:
Rainman, I have the tool. I got mine from my local stealer. If I remember correctly is was around $11.00. They had to order it for me. I will loan mine to you if you PM with your address.

What Part # did they Order?? I want to Order One for My Self as well..

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
The one listed in the 1300 manual is available at Ron Ayers.
Checked for it at Honda Online Parts first but it wasn't listed.
Part Number 07908-KE90100

http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts.cfm ... 08-ke90100

I have not used it and have no idea what it looks like. Just going by what the service manual calls for.
I am reading from the Honda service manual for the 03-04 1300 S/C

Lists the tool as:
070MA-MEA0100
OR
07908-KE90100

States to use it in conjunction with a 10 MM offset box wrench - So I assume it is only the 4MM.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I'm really wanting is that all in one gizmo that they've got a drawing of in the manual. It shows one that looks like it's got a 10mm outter wrench with a thumbwheel on top for the 4mm tappet. Anyone know if that's what we're dealing with here?

·
Registered
441 Posts
The tool I ordered was an offsett 4mm open end wrench. This is used to adjust the tappet. I then use an offset 10mm box end wrench (craftsman) to loosen/tighten the hold down nut. I don't think the honda wrench is the same thing your describing Rainman.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
GA Rainman said:
What I'm really wanting is that all in one gizmo that they've got a drawing of in the manual. It shows one that looks like it's got a 10mm outter wrench with a thumbwheel on top for the 4mm tappet. Anyone know if that's what we're dealing with here?
I actually have that one....it sucks!! It looks kind of like a crack pipe...right?
Much easier to use a 4mm ignition wrench and 10mm offset box. I'll try and find the link if you want it.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Pöi§ön said:
GA Rainman":3e3yzev8]What I'm really wanting is that all in one gizmo that they've got a drawing of in the manual. It shows one that looks like it's got a 10mm outter wrench with a thumbwheel on top for the 4mm tappet. Anyone know if that's what we're dealing with here?[/quote] I actually [i]have[/i] that one....it sucks!! It looks kind of like a crack pipe...right? Much easier to use a 4mm ignition wrench and 10mm offset box. I'll try and find the link if you want it.[/quote:3e3yzev8] Here it is: [url="http://pitposse.com/vaadkit9mm10.html said:
http://pitposse.com/vaadkit9mm10.html[/url]

V

·
0 Posts
Pöi§ön said:
[quote="GA Rainman":3jl20j92]What I'm really wanting is that all in one gizmo that they've got a drawing of in the manual. It shows one that looks like it's got a 10mm outter wrench with a thumbwheel on top for the 4mm tappet. Anyone know if that's what we're dealing with here?
I actually have that one....it sucks!! It looks kind of like a crack pipe...right?
Much easier to use a 4mm ignition wrench and 10mm offset box. I'll try and find the link if you want it.[/quote:3jl20j92]
I'm in line with poi$on - (must have a euro-keyboard, hehe) - the thumbwheel is sucks. offset box wrench and the 4mm work as combo just fine...
note on the side - check always twice... :wink:

·
Mad Hatter
21,317 Posts
VTXROCKETEER said:
Pöi§ön said:
[quote="GA Rainman":jhr5u9ra]What I'm really wanting is that all in one gizmo that they've got a drawing of in the manual. It shows one that looks like it's got a 10mm outter wrench with a thumbwheel on top for the 4mm tappet. Anyone know if that's what we're dealing with here?
Much easier to use a 4mm ignition wrench and 10mm offset box. I'll try and find the link if you want it.
I'm in line with poi$on - (must have a euro-keyboard, hehe) - the thumbwheel is sucks. offset box wrench and the 4mm work as combo just fine...
note on the side - check always twice... :wink:[/quote:jhr5u9ra]

OK Pete, Any Recomendations on a Brand?? Sears- Snap-on ect..

Much easier to use a 4mm ignition wrench and 10mm offset box
And What Length would I need to get?? How Much Off Set??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts