Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I know the adjusting screws have 4mm square head. I'm 99% sure the locknuts are 10mm. Not sure why you are asking about 12mm & 14mm? I use a socket (1/4" dr.) to snug up the locknuts, then recheck. Just take your time. Engine much easier to turn with one sparkplug removed from each cylinder. The 4mm wrench is available from Honda.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know the adjusting screws have 4mm square head. I'm 99% sure the locknuts are 10mm. Not sure why you are asking about 12mm & 14mm? I use a socket (1/4" dr.) to snug up the locknuts, then recheck.
Yes, thank you! I clearly was confused and I now understand that I need 10mm. I appreciate the instructions, tips, and encouragement from everyone, thank you.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
I know the adjusting screws have 4mm square head. I'm 99% sure the locknuts are 10mm. Not sure why you are asking about 12mm & 14mm? I use a socket (1/4" dr.) to snug up the locknuts, then recheck. Just take your time. Engine much easier to turn with one sparkplug removed from each cylinder. The 4mm wrench is available from Honda.
The 4mm wrench is available from other mfg's as well. Just make sure to tie a piece of string to it j.i.c. it slips into the cylinder you can get it back out.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts