Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my stock exhaust, and bought Vance and Hines " Big Shots Staggered " for my bike, a 2003 VTX 1800C. I am having fits trying to find the right mapping numbers to make the bike run right, with a Vance and Hines Fuel-Pak. I have a very knowlegeable motocross racing friend who is trying to help me. We thought we had the mapping right, but the bike sat for about a week and a half, while we tried to find time to get together to change the tires. When we were thriugh with all the maintenance, I rode it home, and it was running like crap. It had no throttle response, and the power was there, but it was a "dull " power. Like maybe it had a fouled plug. All the plugs were changed after we had it running fairley good. The Vance and Hines tech's are no help. We have changed the mapping from what they told us because the information did not help. Someone PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm really suprised that the tech's are no help, but o.k........If your gonna spend the money on the Fuel Pack, why not take it to a dyno shop and utilize your investment.

Downloading maps is easy....finding the right one is the hard part. I struggled with spending another 200.00 to 300.00 on a dyno tuner, but the end result is well worth the investment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Johnnycheese said:
BLKTRO said:
check this site, this guys (biglry/bone) have the best (IMO) mapping and fuel management in the business. they specialize on 1800
http://biglry.com
yet still no one wants to test one to see if it works??????
Megasqurit or PC3 usb
I told you I was interested in testing it, but for $475 it's not worth it to me.

Hey, so I got a PC3 now I just need some time to get you to dyno for me
I will call you, maybe you can set up another VTX day?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
SKIPPPY75 said:
Johnnycheese said:
BLKTRO said:
check this site, this guys (biglry/bone) have the best (IMO) mapping and fuel management in the business. they specialize on 1800
http://biglry.com
yet still no one wants to test one to see if it works??????
Megasqurit or PC3 usb
I told you I was interested in testing it, but for $475 it's not worth it to me.

Hey, so I got a PC3 now I just need some time to get you to dyno for me
I will call you, maybe you can set up another VTX day?
call me when ever
51-767-4273
I need to do another VTX day but mommy says I have been down at the shop too much.
Maybe in May.
When is the blubonnet ralley?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
fill in the blanks here:
http://www.fuelpakfi.com/metric1.html

Here is the map I got for ya. If you have already tried it sorry
This Configuration Requires Fuelpak Version 12 or Higher

Your Fuelpak Values for Software Versions 12 and Up
Mode 1
Value Mode 2
Value Mode 3
Value Mode 4
Value Mode 5
Value Mode 6
Value Mode 7
Value Mode 8
Value Mode 9
Value Mode 10
Value Mode 11
Value Mode 12
Value Mode 13
Value Mode 14
Value Mode 15
Value Mode 16
Value Mode 17
Value Mode 18
Value
20 10 8 6 25 20 28 23 22 5 20 20 10 -10 12 10 0 33

Modes 23 to 33 are for Software Version 12 and up
Modes 34 to 35 are for Software Version 13 and up
Mode 23
Value Mode 24
Value Mode 25
Value Mode 26
Value Mode 27
Value Mode 28
Value Mode 29
Value Mode 30
Value Mode 31
Value Mode 32
Value Mode 33
Value Mode 34
Value Mode 35
Value
16 0 10 6 0 12 14 20 30 40 55 N/A N/A

·
Registered
11 Posts
fuelpak

I have the same bike and set up. I have been provided two different sets of codes by V&H. They gave me FP1101 and that ran, but as you described. I sent the specs via the V&H website and they emailed me FP1100. I made the changes to code 1100 and the bike ran better, but I am still not satisfied. I was expecting so much more from V&H.

I am also having problems with the ground wires that attach via a round terminal that bolts directly to the negative battery terminal. I was on the way home from work and the bike started to run like crap and I then lost power. Rolled off the road and started to troubleshoot. I found the brand new V&H terminal had broken in two due to vibration and fatigue. Thought that was strange. Stripped the wires with my teeth and wedged them under the negative terminal to get me home. When I got home I replaced the round wiire terminal and routed the wires from a different direction up under the battery cover. One month later the second terminal failed. I routed a third direction and I am watching it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
fill in the blanks here:
http://www.fuelpakfi.com/metric1.html

Here is the map I got for ya. If you have already tried it sorry
This Configuration Requires Fuelpak Version 12 or Higher

Your Fuelpak Values for Software Versions 12 and Up
Mode 1
Value Mode 2
Value Mode 3
Value Mode 4
Value Mode 5
Value Mode 6
Value Mode 7
Value Mode 8
Value Mode 9
Value Mode 10
Value Mode 11
Value Mode 12
Value Mode 13
Value Mode 14
Value Mode 15
Value Mode 16
Value Mode 17
Value Mode 18
Value
20 10 8 6 25 20 28 23 22 5 20 20 10 -10 12 10 0 33

Modes 23 to 33 are for Software Version 12 and up
Modes 34 to 35 are for Software Version 13 and up
Mode 23
Value Mode 24
Value Mode 25
Value Mode 26
Value Mode 27
Value Mode 28
Value Mode 29
Value Mode 30
Value Mode 31
Value Mode 32
Value Mode 33
Value Mode 34
Value Mode 35
Value
16 0 10 6 0 12 14 20 30 40 55 N/A N/A
Is this your Dyno map or a Vance&Hines Map..Anyone know??

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
12 yrs. since previous post. Gotta be kidding.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Search is a wonderful tool. So you're telling me the only thing you could find was this 1 12 year old thread?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts