Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting vance and hines pipes for my 2004 VTX 1300c, can anyone tell me if this requires any carburetor re jetting? Want to add a nice sound and alittle power. Any help would be appreciated.[/img]

·
Registered
217 Posts
sparky51 said:
Get it re-jetted. K&N filter. Dyno-jet kit. Remove the PAIR system. You'll love the sound and performance.
RIGHT ON !!!! YOU WILL LOVE THE SOUND, I AM ADDING A HYPERCHARGER IN A WEEK AS THE CHERRY !!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
pipes

I just added the bigshots and love the sound. I did not rejet or change the filter. Will doing that make it sond better as well improve the performance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I didn't have to rejet mine. It runs fine so far. No change in power as far as my seat can tell.

From what I hear, you'll get more power with jet and different A/C with that exhaust.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Probably depends on where you live, but it does perform and sound best with a higher flowing air kit and a rejet.

I needed to rejet when I added just the pipes.

roog

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
Hubby and I just put my V&H Big Shots on last night. I started her up and WOW, what a difference. I love the sound. Can't wait to take my bike out for a ride. Too bad it is raining here today.

Tonight hubby is going to put a jet kit on my bike.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
country girl said:
Hubby and I just put my V&H Big Shots on last night. I started her up and WOW, what a difference. I love the sound. Can't wait to take my bike out for a ride. Too bad it is raining here today.

Did you do the complete pair valve removal when you did the pipes?, if not the sound gets even better....much deeper.

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
Bigdog 1 said:
[quote="country girl":2u5usoef]Hubby and I just put my V&H Big Shots on last night. I started her up and WOW, what a difference. I love the sound. Can't wait to take my bike out for a ride. Too bad it is raining here today.

Did you do the complete pair valve removal when you did the pipes?, if not the sound gets even better....much deeper.[/quote:2u5usoef]I will ask him if he knows how to do that. As far as I know he has not done that yet.

I took my bike out for a little test ride. So far so good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
SERPAGS said:
sparky51 said:
Get it re-jetted. K&N filter. Dyno-jet kit. Remove the PAIR system. You'll love the sound and performance.
RIGHT ON !!!! YOU WILL LOVE THE SOUND, I AM ADDING A HYPERCHARGER IN A WEEK AS THE CHERRY !!!
Did you choose the Hyper Charger Pro or the standard? I am trying to decide which Hyper charger for my 1300R. I already have VH Big Shot Pipes and a jet Kit with K&N filter. Does the Pro Hyper charger perform any better or different than the standard Hypercharger on a 1300? Anyone know? Does the Hyper charger cause your leg to kick out any further?

·
Registered
217 Posts
hyper

from what I researched, they performe the exact same way. The look is about all that changes.

I kinda like the PRO for its sleekness. BUT I also like the standard, looks meaner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts