Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2002 VTX1800 with some Vance and Hines pipes, but landlord says it's too loud. Wishing I could find someone who has stock exhaust and do a simple trade out... I'm in Santa Barbara, CA.

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
94 Posts
Most I've seen with V&H across the board and not just with VTX go with quiet baffles. Even the baffles that come in V&H pipes are loud.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Got a 2002 VTX1800 with some Vance and Hines pipes, but landlord says it's too loud. Wishing I could find someone who has stock exhaust and do a simple trade out... I'm in Santa Barbara, CA.
V & H "quiet baffles". Or move.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Super Moderator
64,385 Posts
V&H Quiet baffles, aren't much quieter than the other baffles. I tried both, both were very loud. At most the quiets lowered the tone of the exhaust to make it slightly deeper

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Reactions: crAzyAce

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I agree, even the "quiet" baffles from V&H do not quiet the pipes down much. I was initially concerned about neighbors when I got my 1800 with the V&H straight pipes but nobody complained in all the years.
Of course I am not an ass, I just start her up and leave without getting on it. I don't shit where I eat.
If a vehicle passes a safety inspection and somebody does not like it, they can take it up with the state and their inspection criteria.
You can tell the landlord that you're working on it. You can try the "quiet" baffles. Show them to him before installation and once they are installed, tell him they're in and made the exhaust much quieter. Do not underestimate the power of suggestion. He just might leave you alone afterwards. And if he doesn't, tell him that you installed extra baffles just for him which cost you extra money and that you did your part. <shrug/>

·
Registered
13,368 Posts
Some baffles are straight through, some have a stop plate so exhaust has to go to the OD and back into the ID.
A lollipop can knock it down some.
One VTX rider added a bar strainer and a lollipop.
Things depend on skill level and tools.
See pic link.. https://www.vtxoa.com/attachments/prockey-hk-baffles-jpg.136754/

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If enough "friends" show up one weekend for a cookout like my place, the neighbors never bother you again. LOL

lol, my neighbors Cummings Ram is just as loud if not worse than my VTX, on the other side the neighbors teenagers camel fart fast and fugly honda is just as loud. any one wants to complain about my VTX is going to find out in short order how loud the train horns on my '39 Ford are at 3am in the morning.

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
94 Posts
lol, my neighbors Cummings Ram is just as loud if not worse than my VTX, on the other side the neighbors teenagers camel fart fast and fugly honda is just as loud. any one wants to complain about my VTX is going to find out in short order how loud the train horns on my '39 Ford are at 3am in the morning.
I tend to have club members in and out at any time. This house is as safe as a fort. Neighbors are like, "OH, yea we leave them alone."

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Be aware depending on where you live and distance to be shipped, it could cost up to $100 shipping is killer.

·
Registered
2002 Honda VTX 1800 C
149 Posts
Be aware depending on where you live and distance to be shipped, it could cost up to $100 shipping is killer.
That’s why (shipping cost and hassle) I haven’t replied to this one because I have stock exhaust for my 2002 1800 C, which I don’t plan to ever use, because I have cobra pipes— which my neighbors say are too loud LOL. For me, I’m gonna put up with the noise myself (I wear earplugs) to enjoy the extra power the fuel chip provides along with my loud exhaust. And like somebody said, for my neighbors’ sake I don’t get on it until I’m out of my neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Shipping bulky items in the US the least expensive way is probably Greyhound, likely 40-50% of ups or usps.. Take to a greyhound station to ship, buyer picks up at bus station.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Shipping bulky items in the US the least expensive way is probably Greyhound, likely 40-50% of ups or usps.. Take to a greyhound station to ship, buyer picks up at bus station.

I’ve done this for large car parts, But be aware they aren’t very careful with the parts and take zero responsibility for damage.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
And curious if they take any responsibility for the item arriving or not?
they have a 100% refund on shipping cost if it doesn’t arrive at the destination, but not on a guaranteed time, just that it “will get there eventually”

They don’t pay for the item if it is lost, they do not offer any insurance for the product being shipped, but some locations (as they are are franchised shipping services) have 3rd party insurance you can purchase but it is overly expensive (like $10 for ever $100 of declared value) and has 10,000 hoops you have to jump through to make a claim.

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 20 of 26 Posts