Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel the need for a little more sound and I really like the looks of the Cruzer exhaust.
I don't want loud..but I do want it to sound like a V Twin..
Someone said they sound like the old-timey glass packs and that sound I remember liking.
Has anyone seen / heard the Cruzers?
thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Dale I have the cruzers on my 1300C and I love the sound. The thing I like is that they are not "stupid loud", but they have a nice low deep rumble that you can feel in your chest. The guy at they dealership ( Honda / Harley shop) that installed mine said these are the best sounding pipes he has heard and ordered a set for his 1300 as soon as he was done with my bike, he had big shots on his. Anyway they look and sound great and you will love the "Power Rumble". [/b]

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had them on my 06 C model for 4000 mi. now and love them.
Look good,have good chrome, will talk to you when you twist the grip and yet don't need ear plugs when runnin down the hyway. My votes a yes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Vance &Hines cruzers

Hi, I just got a set of cruzers for my 06' 1300c, they sound good, very easy to install. I'd say a bit on the loud side,almost drag pipe loud (at full throtle). a buddy told me they sound good for a honda,lol, he's a harley guy, the other set I was going to buy was the BUB Jughuggers, but for the price these sopund really good, I would deffinately buy again

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses. I ordered today for $339.15, no tax, no shipping.
For the price, I think they will be good for me ! and "G I Feelgood !! :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Get them, you'll like them & best of all you wont be a Big Shot clone. I've been really happy with mine. They are just loud enough & have a great rumble.

Rob $.02

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got mine for $299 + ship. Initially it was just loud enough, then I took out the packs to give it a deeper rumble. My only complaint is the heat shields don't work as good as the stock. I've burned 2 rain gears from my pipes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i like mine too, not as loud as the k2's my bro in law has, but it is still oud enought o be heard at speed. 311 out the door on ebay for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need some help here guys. I have recently installed a set of cruzers on my VTX1300 and love them. after I installed them the bike ran even better with more power, but i had a couple of people tell me regardless I still need to get the carb rejetted. Well, I had the local shop install a jet kit in it and they had to tweak it a couple of times, but the bike has less power and Im quite sure it's running way too rich as it pops and gurgles a lot which is usually too much fuel, burned and unburned, going thru the exhaust. Since it ran fine, should I have just left it alone and not touched the carb? Did any of you who installed the cruzers do any carb work afterwards?? I am thinking about just putting the carb back stock like it was. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cowboyman,
I have cruzers ordered and I talked with my mechanic about re-jetting.
He is fairly sure it will not be necessary. Unless you removed the baffle, there should be enought back pressure with the Cruzers to keep your original jetting. If you change the air box, you will have to re-jet.
I don't know, personally, but I trust my mechanic.
Find someone you trust and ask them..
dale

·
Registered
393 Posts
You do NOT, and I can't stress the word not enough, need to re-jet if you swap out your exhaust pipes on your bike.

Re-jetting becomes necessary when you modify your air intake and add more airflow to the bike.

As far as the V&H goes, I have them, and LOVE them. They sound great and perform very well.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Glad to see this discussion on the Cruzers. They are my choice for pipes based on the design. I like the style as opposed to a straight pipe.

I haven't heard them though. Everyone that rates them seems to like them and agree that they aren't too loud which is what I want.

These pipes are probably my next mod. Probably next season. Already spent this year's mod wad.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is there any tricks or tips to installing V&H Cruzers like new gaskets or anything about taking the stock ones off that I should know???

Thanks

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
No matter what "full" exhaust system you install....always replace the gaskets. They are a crush gasket and will more than likely leak if re-used...leading to significant decel popping. Dealer= about $12 each. HDL= about $6 each. Crazy to chance it ... have it leak...and need to pull the system down again to change them later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too am very interested in purchasing this type of exhaust. Can we get some additional pics of these installed on your rides?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
196 Posts
AtascosaVTX said:
I too am very interested in purchasing this type of exhaust. Can we get some additional pics of these installed on your rides?

Thanks guys
Here you go:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts