Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 1800c. I have the Vance on now and I was wondering if I would lose hp if I put bubs on? From what I understand the bub are not a 2 into 1 system. I also heard that the bubs are deeper in sound. any info would be great...Shane

·
Super Moderator
64,333 Posts
Yes, you will loose some torque& hp with the Jughuggers

PS...you can delete your own threads by clicking the red "X" at the top right of your post until someone else has responded in it

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
My old Jardine Drags for a C model had the deepest tone and made great hp/torque. My only real complaints: the baffles used a rivet and the pipes are lower than the frame.

That is why i went with the SuperTrapp 2into1. It has much better clearance in all areas. Plus i can make it as loud or as quiet as i want in 15 minutes.

Ive heard a lot of 1800C exhausts and the Jardines had the best tone to me and the deepest without being terribly loud. They also make a version of the Drags but with 3" muffler bodies. The entire front with crossover is the same.

The Jug Huggers did sound much better than the V&H to me. I wouldnt call it deeper but less "hollow" and the sound is nice thru the entire rpm range under load. You will lose peak hp but the main thing is you will probably lose the nice torque curve. The great lowend and flat curve it what makes the 1800 so sweet.

Have you looked at the newer Cobra Speedster Shorts or longs?

BTW check and see if the Bubs use the stock exhaust bracket or if it comes with a new one. They also make their own version of the Thunder Monster baffles. They call them Torque Chambers if i remember correctly. Not the torque cones, those are almost worthless unless you just want really loud open drag pipes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts