Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Over the past 35 years of riding I have had more helmets then I can remember. I have 3 in the rotation now and two more in the basement. Never had this issue with a short chin strap. I wish this one had a strap that was too long were you had to cut away the extra. just giving my review as a actual owner of this. The one at the vendor tent fit perfect the one I got online didn't. Same size. Take it for what it is.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I might offer that your experience shows a lack of quality control at the manufacture regarding strap length, but this isn't reflected by the reviews I've read. Amazon reviews gives this a 4.6 out of 5 star user review rating (691 ratings last count) and I scanned a few dozen of the reviews with none mentioning a too short strap.

My strap had enough length that I cut 3" off it because I didn't like the look of the extra length hanging. Then, after you mentioned the teeth of the latch only engaging on the last few 'teeth' I realized mine was doing the same so I adjusted my strap looser by about 1/2" and my 'teeth' fully engaged.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I found a video review for this helmet:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thx. HOP, Looks like a good product and value. I'm close to Cycle Gear store. I think they carry it. Tx. summers get brutal, thx again !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a FYI I had bought my VTX in 2012 or 2013 not sure which. I have been lurking here and the cafe since. Opened account with my kids names Maxwell and Taylor = maxtay. Some where along the line my profile got switched to my last name and says only 2 posts since. So my review might look like a hit and run on someone’s review. That wasn’t my intention. Just adding my 2 cents on something I own. I only log on very very infrequently But I do enjoy both sites especially pre maintenance It really helps.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
UPDATE POST!!

I bought a different shade for this helmet and am trying to figure out how to change the sun shield/visor (I apparently lost the instructions). For the life of me I can't figure out how to remove the visor to put in the new one! I looked on YouTube and found nothing useful. I visited the manufacture web site and couldn't find anything. I Google searched and searched and couldn't find anything. I wrote to the manufacturer asking for a replacement manual, but haven't heard back.

I've pried and pulled and done everything I can think of to remove the sun shield, with no luck— Very frustrating that it seems to be so complicated! Anyone who owes this have a manual they can photo and send me where it show how to remove the sun shade?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I need to get a new helmet, right now leaning towords the Bell pit boss or a Bell similar since they seem to fit as described for me, haven't decided yet. My helmet is starting to get nasty. The FF i have i've stopped using, the color is no match whatsoever Dayglow green, the bike is a blue/silver. More than that, since the "accident" i am avoiding FF Helmets that restict my peripheral vision at all. Getting my eyeglasses updated helped a lot, i got them done right on my second attempt this time.

I'll still get a FF for the highway at some point, if it'll will fit in a saddlebag. Probably will not go for the dark shield option like i did with my current setup.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I need to get a new helmet, right now leaning towords the Bell pit boss or a Bell similar since they seem to fit as described for me, haven't decided yet. My helmet is starting to get nasty. The FF i have i've stopped using, the color is no match whatsoever Dayglow green, the bike is a blue/silver. More than that, since the "accident" i am avoiding FF Helmets that restict my peripheral vision at all. Getting my eyeglasses updated helped a lot, i got them done right on my second attempt this time.

I'll still get a FF for the highway at some point, if it'll will fit in a saddlebag. Probably will not go for the dark shield option like i did with my current setup.
Just bought it.. Amazon only had 3 left and got thinking of how nasty mine looked starting to shred inside.

Hope it fits.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
UPDATE!

I wrote the company explaining my frustration with trying to remove the helmet's flip down sun shade/visor, and telling them I lost the instructions on how to remove it. They responded the next day with a link to this instructional video:

LS2U - Rebellion | LS2 USA

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I use a half helmet for my short daily commutes and my old one was getting worn out, so I bought this new helmet ($129.00). I did a lot of research on what's out there and I decided to try this one based on positive reviews. When it arrived I was pleased with everything I saw. My biggest complaint with other half helmets I've purchased is that the lining materials are cheap and break down sooner than they should.

The inner lining materials in this helmet seem to be really robust, not the fake, thin leather they sometimes use. I'm not a fan of the open ear holes on this type of helmet, but these come with inner snap in covers that solves this issue. I've never used the quick attach chin strap and I was impressed with how easy this is to use. I wear a size L and the fit was perfect.

One complaint a lot of half helmet riders have is a 'mushroom head' look they have. To overcome this some makers offer low profile styles and this one isn't quite low profile, but it's low enough not to make your head look like a mushroom.

One complaint some half helmet riders have is that the wind can get in and have a grabbing effect to pull the helmet off/back. To overcome this, this one has flow through venting at the top so the wind is less likely to pull the helmet back/up.

Lastly, this has a flip down visor, and I'm so spoiled with this feature from past half helmets that I had to have this feature. Fortunately this one works well and drops down close to the nose/face to better keep wind out. My only complaint is the visor is tinted very dark, and this could be a safety issue if you every have to get home from a day trip after sundown. You can overcome this by buying a separate clear shield, but I'd prefer the stock shield just be a medium or light tint.

I bought silver color because one of my bikes is silver, but these come in other colors. The silver is a lot darker shade than shows, and I was please with the dark silver color variation compared to the standard/common aluminum looking sliver.

About this item

• Adjustable Twin Shield System Drop-down sunscreen has the ability to lock ½ way down, or full protection
  • DOT approved. Meets the FMVSS 218 Standard
  • Bluetooth ready for seamless installation of LS2’s LinkIn Communication System – rider-to-rider, rider-to-passenger
  • Flow-through ventilation
  • Technical fabric liner is hypoallergenic, moisture wicking, removable and washable
https://www.amazon.com/LS2-Helmets-...locphy=9031645&hvtargid=pla-945322278198&th=1

Other visors options (sold separately) in amber, chrome, & clear (sell for about $15.00):
View attachment 185126 View attachment 185127 View attachment 185128 View attachment 185129
LS2 Rebellion Scratch Resistant Inner Visor
I'm liking this helmet now, reviews say it's OK with even larger glasses... I'll wait a couple days for my credit card statement to come out then order, I do believe i'll get the brush alloy too.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm liking this helmet now, reviews say it's OK with even larger glasses... I'll wait a couple days for my credit card statement to come out then order, I do believe i'll get the brush alloy too.
omg, the drama... Saw this on Ebay for $119 free ship, payed with paypal credit. Size XL. Went with the Matte black.

Hope it fits.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've been wanting to switch to a 3/4 helmet for a while because full-face helmets get too hot during the summers here in Florida and half helmets aren't the best when you want to run Bluetooth comes. I went into my local Dealer to take a look at 3/4 options and they didn't have any, but what they did have piqued my interest. They had an LS# Modular helmet called a Valiant II. The interesting thing about this modular design was that when you have the front chin section lifted up its not sticking straight up in the air so you could cruise down the road without that chin section up catching all of the wind and looking like an idiot. I didn't pick one up because they were like $350.00 and I wasn't too familiar with the LS2 name and quality but I have read a few revies along with this one and Think I'm going to pull the triger on it.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I've been wanting to switch to a 3/4 helmet for a while because full-face helmets get too hot during the summers here in Florida and half helmets aren't the best when you want to run Bluetooth comes. I went into my local Dealer to take a look at 3/4 options and they didn't have any, but what they did have piqued my interest. They had an LS# Modular helmet called a Valiant II. The interesting thing about this modular design was that when you have the front chin section lifted up its not sticking straight up in the air so you could cruise down the road without that chin section up catching all of the wind and looking like an idiot. I didn't pick one up because they were like $350.00 and I wasn't too familiar with the LS2 name and quality but I have read a few revies along with this one and Think I'm going to pull the triger on it.
My full face helmet is modular and I like being able to flip up the front half without taking off the entire helmet, but it isn't any cooler than a normal full face.

FYI,

The LS2 is Bluetooth compatible. Not sure exactly what that entails, but you could look into it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well I did it. I went and pulled the trigger on that LS2 Valiant II. I took it for a quick ride today and have to say I'm very pleased. It was a pretty cool 50 degrees on my ride but the helmet seals up well with the chin bar in place, & with it flipped to the back there is plenty of air to cool you down I will say there there was a slight amount of a buffeting noise at speed with the chin bar flipped to the back but none that could be felt. I also put on order a Cardo Packtalk Black Bluetooth coms system which should arrive tomorrow. I can't flipping wait till it arrives. I have the Sena SMH5 in my Shoe Full face helmet and while everything about it works as intended the sound quality leaves a lit to be desired. Music sounds Tinny and if I'm listening to an audio book even if I'm playing at full volume outside noises easily overpower the reader's voice.

If anyone else is thinking about getting a Bluetooth coms system I would highly recommend getting them through amazon over shopping at a dealership. They are much cheaper on amazon.

Reactions: VTXArizona
21 - 39 of 39 Posts