Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Neo Spec 3 with chrome radiator trim has a radiator screen that covers the front of the radiator. I presume its function is to keep large objects from contacting the radiator itself. Frankly, its so close to the radiator, I truly doubt whether it will protect it should anything of any size hit it.

Here's the problem. The shield vibrates at certain RPMs and emits an irritating buzzing sound. I've tried everything I can think of to keep the thing from vibrating but with over 9,000 miles now, I have yet to stop it from buzzing.

I've seen other radiator covers out there that appear to be more than just trim; and has a chrome front, etc. Expensive but might do the job to replace the OEM trim and screen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you correct it? Has anyone just removed the screen?? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
Pull the rad cover off the bike and put a couple of blobs of silicone adhesive in the corners of the screen to keep it from rattling

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull the rad cover off the bike and put a couple of blobs of silicone adhesive in the corners of the screen to keep it from rattling
Darn it. And I was hoping someone would just tell me to go out and purchase that $239 H.A.C. SS radiator grill and be done with it. Darn you Spike!:banghead:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I haven't yet tried the blobs of silicone. I did take a cork from a wine bottle and stick beteen the screen and the radiator, on end. I'll be painting the cork flat black when I get bike out of storage for the riding season.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm, not that the silicon isn't a good idea. I'm thinking I could coat the removeable grill with the black vinyl coating similar to the stuff they use to coat the grips on a set of pliers. No metal to metal contact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts