Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vibration noise from front fork tube area during reving and high speed exceleration. Dealer said they contacted Honda for advise and then they installed something in the tube but it did not help. Any ideas what this problem is and how to resolve it.

Not sure but may also be getting vibration noise from spedo, can't be sure.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
When you hear the buzzing....press down on the speedo to see if thats it. It is very common.

Most likely, its the 3 bottom speedo housing screws buzzing against the tank. If you remove them and tip up the housing, you'll see three metal tabs on the tank that they screw into. Rig some kind of cushion on top of the tabs so that there is no metal / plastic contact when you screw it back down. Folks have used o-rings, rubber washers, electrical tape or duct tape on the metal tabs to form a barrier. Just make sure it's not too thick, and dont screw it back down too hard, it's only plastic.

Fork rattle is also very common. I believe there is a rubber ring that is suposed to prevent buzzing. Sometimes, it can slip out of place. Not sure. Maybe one of the S guys will chime in with more specifics on that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vibration in forks and tank on VTX 1300s4

Thanks for the tip Poison. I have a 4 year warranty on the bike and had it in now for the third time. First they replaced my headlight. Then they put something into the fork tubes which seemed to have some affect but didn't resolve the problem. They tried to tell me hat a "big bike like that is going to have some noise Frank, and Honda won't pay me to do anything else and I don't know what else to do". I said bull crap! I want it fixed or I want a new bike or new forks. So now a Honda Rep is supposed to look at it today.

Take care

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Do you have a windshield? When I first picked mine up, we had to bring it back so they could put rubber grommets on both sides of the four mounting places, it was vibrating the windshield pretty badly before.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vibration in fork tubes and possibly the spedo

I do have a windshield, however I don't believe that is the problem here. I take it off from time to time and ride without it, although I haven't removed the bracket itself, however, the brackets don't mount to the tubes where the noise is coming from, they mount to the heavy aluminum base that the tubes, the light and the handle bars attach to.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts