Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The victory demo truck was in my area last weekend and it really made me appreciate my 1800! i bought my bike new it was the first and only 2 wheeled machine i ever rode until this demo. i got on most all the bikes but it really suprised me the cross country and vision seem to be made for small people, along with the rest of the line. i rode the vegas eightball motor and tranny seemed ok except for a clunk everytime u gassed or let off the throttle, it was a 106 with a 6 speed 900 miles and the lo oil showed up when i turned the key they said it was because it was on the kickstand leaning. the cross country was just a mess with only 1400 miles. where to start, a rattle trap, no seating or leg room for taller people, the gear indicator kept staying stuck on the wrong gear, over all very noisy and drivetrain was ****ty. i have no bias to knock the victory line i guess im just saying i am very happy with my choice for a honda! If this demo comes to your area check it out let me know what u think.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used to want a Victory Vegas. Then I rode one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wow that sucks. I test rode the cross country twice and loved it. I thought it was more comfortable than the X. Maybe they had some crappy bikes for you to ride.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Having previously worked for a polaris/victory dealer, I've ridden several of them. I didn't like any of them either. As stated above, they're not designed for larger riders

The other reason that I'll never own one is because they're super expensive to work on, and the accessories for them are outrageously priced.

If I'm going to pay that much for a bike, it'll be a harley that is more comfortable has many more options for accessories.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
You'll go to hell for bad-rappin Vic here :popcorn:
Yep.

I have also ridden those bikes at the demo rides.

I'm sure that they're a fine motorcycle.

The thing that kills it for me is that none of the dealers around here will even take them in on trade. I don't know why that is. It just is.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Yep.

I have also ridden those bikes at the demo rides.

I'm sure that they're a fine motorcycle.

The thing that kills it for me is that none of the dealers around here will even take them in on trade. I don't know why that is. It just is.
That ain't good! I had no prob with seating/comfort, that's where the Vics shine. Has nothin for my 1800 in the giddyup dept + the trans sucks. Belt drive :thumbup: looks :yikes:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The Vision definitely ain't made for "small people" Unless your the Jolly Green Giant.... :D

It's a tourer, not a cruiser. You have to separate that fact from the 1800....

On the highway, it outclasses the 1800 in comfort and handling. Once you get used to it, handling in city traffic isn't bad either....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
hmmm..i always find these posts entertaining....it gives me something to compare to when i read the HD rants....

mine is peachy....

(i thought my X was too...great bike but no fair comparison)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im 6'4" 350 i didnt feel comfortable on any of the bikes. the guy that owned the dealer was a hell of a salesman i thought i was gonna go down there and want one. the only thing that happened i left with a bigger smile when i got back on my X. Also i went there with two harley riders who have dressers and people kept telling them dont ride that vision you will trade in your harley for it. they left with my same thoughts after riding a few bikes. Its just my opinion everybike is for someone im sure their are people with equally bad things to say about the vtx when it comes to style and comfort.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The problem with demo bikes; is that they're abused sometimes.

One also has to go in with an open mind about different models of bikes, and their inherent and peculiar characteristics. I would've never bought the Vic if I expected it to perform like my other three bikes (which all perform differently from each other anyway).

...though two of my three bikes I traded in for the Vic. One was the Honda 1300R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts