Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother inlaw recently bought a Victory Jackpot. Very nice looking bike, I absolutely love that 250 rear end and huge chrome wheel. He certainly gets a lot of admirers and comments. He put a set of 'Swept' pipes on it from new which took care of the main thing that i didn't like about the stock bike, i hated the stock exhaust.

A little over priced in my opinion, but he is very happy with his new ride. Genuine accessories are very expensive, but i guess Honda accessories are very expensive too.

I think the VTX is finnished off a little better, Honda seems to have gone just that little bit further with attention to detail. I would certainly by a Victory before i bought a Harley.

End of the day... i much prefer my VTX, but I may be a little prejudiced. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
165 Posts
My brother inlaw recently bought a Victory Jackpot. Very nice looking bike, I absolutely love that 250 rear end and huge chrome wheel. He certainly gets a lot of admirers and comments. He put a set of 'Swept' pipes on it from new which took care of the main thing that i didn't like about the stock bike, i hated the stock exhaust.

A little over priced in my opinion, but he is very happy with his new ride. Genuine accessories are very expensive, but i guess Honda accessories are very expensive too.

I think the VTX is finnished off a little better, Honda seems to have gone just that little bit further with attention to detail. I would certainly by a Victory before i bought a Harley.

End of the day... i much prefer my VTX, but I may be a little prejudiced. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Brian
Yeah.You can do major mods to the VTX and still paying less for a great looking bike.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I had a close up look at Big Bear Chopper a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't that impressed. When you look at the amount of coin you have to hand over I couldn't even begin to justify it. It's a nice looking bike, don't get me wrong, but for that amount of money I could buy a new 1800C and fully trick it out and still have about 20K left in my sky rocket.

I've been toying with the idea of looking into the costs of importing a Fury for the missus (she wants one) and seeing what could be done with it. I'm sure it would still come out cheaper than a custom harley would be and it would be the only one in Australia!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been toying with the idea of looking into the costs of importing a Fury for the missus (she wants one) and seeing what could be done with it. I'm sure it would still come out cheaper than a custom harley would be and it would be the only one in Australia!

I think the Fury has potential mate. Good strong reliable engine and a good basic package to start with. I think there's a lot you could do with it. Keep us updated.

Brian

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The missus and I talked about it tonight. We're going to look into the cost of one. It's $13K USD ($16,666 AUD) plus shipping, duty, etc etc so before we knew it would be over the $20,000 mark even before mods. But I will have to look into the cost of getting a 1300 and customising that. I know I won't get the fuel injected motor like the Fury has but if I saved a ****e load of cash I could put it towards something else to be a true one off. Lots of thoughts to ponder and beans to count.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Honda Australia going to release the Fury out here next year?? I haven't seen any press releases from Honda regarding the Fury.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I contacted Honda Australia and their response was:

With regard to the Honda Fury, we are currently investigating the possibility of releasing this model in Australia in the next few years.

There are a number of factors involved in determining our model line-up, such as production costs, product availability, exchange rates and modification requirements for our market etc. We also review feedback from our future and existing customer base and also market trends obtained from our dealer network.
To me this means "Don't hold your breath". Maybe someone should point them to this site to see what we here in Australia are doing. Mind you, I think we need more Australians on this board. I reckon if you see someone riding an X you should let them know about the site. There is a card you can download and print out to hand out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
:grin: Anything on two wheels is good, :mcrider:
:lol: But thats just me talkin' :roll:

I like them all, all the Victory line up, All the Big Bear Chopper line up, All those other American Choppers Bobbers and Cruizers, and yes I like all the Harley Davidson line up too, All the English, Italian, German, Japanese, Indian,
And dare I say it, even those Chianese Bikes too. :yikes:

I certinly like the Fury and the VTX 1300 & 1800.

Whatever your Missus and you choose, will suite her I'm sure.
Esspesaly with you to advise her and customise it to suit her.

Like the old saying goes "There are (Steel) Horses for (Black top) Coarses."

As you already said,
Price and quality has a big factor on the choice and what you whant to end up with and that all varies widely. But It sounds like the whole prossess you guy's are on is an awsome jorney together. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Oh your right matt. I love choppers and all styles of bikes too. I just find it hard to justify the amounts they are asking for some of the bikes that I could build using a metric bike as a base and come out a lot cheaper with a higher build quality.

and secretly I've always wanted to get a Ural with a side car. All cammed up of course with the jerry cans etc.

·
Registered
501 Posts
;) Yeah I know what you mean,
:lol: Just the simpleist of machines like this Royal Enfeild starts my engin.

8) At times I can't belive I ride such a beutiful motorcycle as the VTX
:-? Eventhough some times I wish I could customise my ride some more.
:grin: But even stock standard the VTX is an awsome ride.

·
Registered
165 Posts
;) Yeah I know what you mean,
:lol: Just the simpleist of machines like this Royal Enfeild starts my engin.

8) At times I can't belive I ride such a beutiful motorcycle as the VTX
:-? Eventhough some times I wish I could customise my ride some more.
:grin: But even stock standard the VTX is an awsome ride.
I'm with you guys.it would be nice to have a stable but best to start with the stallion.VTX

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I was looking at buying a Royal Enfield Bullet Electra a few years back as an outfit. Would have been a blast as a Sunday ride bike with a few of the kids on board. But dollars weren't avail at the time, but who knows? Maybe in the future I'll have both along with Ducati Desmo cafe racer and a few other bikes. Of course I'll need a bigger shed then too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe in the future I'll have both along with Ducati Desmo cafe racer and a few other bikes. Of course I'll need a bigger shed then too. :rolleyes:
That's my plan! From now on, i'm not going sell any more bikes (hopefully). I own the bikes i have now, so they don't owe me anything anyway. I have a long list of machines that i'd someday like to have in my shed.

This is one of them... Ducati Sport 1000S

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah!! that is sweeet. love it :bowdown:

·
Registered
165 Posts
that's my plan! From now on, i'm not going sell any more bikes (hopefully). I own the bikes i have now, so they don't owe me anything anyway. I have a long list of machines that i'd someday like to have in my shed.

This is one of them... Ducati sport 1000s
i'm with you but my wife is on my back to sell the gsxr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts