Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Coworker sold his Suzuki GS 1000 R in one day on CS. He is looking at the 16 Indian Scout.. Water cooled an 100 hp. for 11K. Nice looking bike and good reviews. He likes it better than the Victory Octane..

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Spike isn't THAT old.... He just knows so freaky much about bikes that it is assumed that he MUST be old......

Reactions: SeaSteve

·
Registered
675 Posts
Indian has a new bike called the Springfield. It just has a windshield and hard bags but no fairing and no trunk. It has a shorter rake so the steering geometery allows for quicker steering since some people complained that the indian classic had slow handling. It sounds like you might like it. But perhaps it is more than you want to spend...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
If it were my money, I'd go take a look and 'sit' on both. I've taken the Indians out for their 'demo' rides, and LOVE them! The one I liked best was the Vintage, for 'style', power, braking, handling, cornering, and just general 'feel'. I thought it was the best of everything! It handled around corners like a much smaller, lighter bike, but had more power than I'd ever need to take off, and stopped like a smaller, lighter bike, unlike the bigger Classic, which was a little 'soft' in the braking department. Didn't get to ride the Chieftain, but figure it should be somewhere between the Classic and Vintage from what others told me of their rides. Fit and finish on all the Indians was super! Even the little Scout! That thing just about ripped my arms off when I first cranked the throttle hard! The Vintage was as good or better, though! If I had an extra $23k lying around, that's where I would put it!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts