Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedometer and neutral light will not work. The 10 amp fuse keeps blowing. I just put two new tires on it but don't see how that could have impacted anything. I stored it in my garage all winter and started it a few times. I can't remember if they were working then. Has anybody had this happen? I can see a speed sensor going bad but blowing the fuse? I am about to take the tank off and look for a chewed or bad wire but thought someone might have ran in to this.

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
Speedo, Neutral, oil light, front Run lights, tail lights, license plate light, VSS,
Aux fog light plug??
Now you have more things to target.
Side mount license plate???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedo, Neutral, oil light, front Run lights, tail lights, license plate light, VSS,
Aux fog light plug??
Now you have more things to target.
Side mount license plate???
Speedometer, neutral light, and tail light are out. The headlight and blinkers work. Something on that circuit is wrong but all the wiring looks good so far. I can't see where I could have disturbed any wires by changing the tires. I hate wiring problems.

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
Do you have fog/aux lights? Sometimes they short because wire is tight and vibration wore out the insulation. At the hollow bolt. Open the 3 pin connector In the headlight bucket..
In the right side cover is a rubber boot with the wires to the tail light and license light. Black/Brown stripe or solid Brown. Pull the bullet wire terminal apart. Check to see if fuse blows... Animals chewing on your wiring???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts