Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 200 pounds and wife is 160. Just started to go 2up with her. Bike seems underpowered with us both on. Should a 1300 feel that much different with 360 vs 200? While leaning it almost feels like there is a lot more resistance on the tires. Hard to explain. Almost a rubbing sensation. Tires are Michelin. Tire pressure is 26 front and rear. I don’t know how to read the suspension. Attached picture. What should I set suspension to and how to so do it? Thank you

Attachments

·
Old Goat
25,425 Posts
1-5 ....shock wrench or strap wrench....I would start at 3....twist in Numerical order ....I cant be more help ..I ride solo and have 1800 shocks....Goodluck

Its said u cant go all the way around...I did by accident ..zero problems..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TennX. I do have the tool from previous owner. I can’t tell what it’s set to now.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I answered you over on the Cafe. Great guys on both sites.

Reactions: TennX

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m 200 pounds and wife is 160. Just started to go 2up with her. Bike seems underpowered with us both on. Should a 1300 feel that much different with 360 vs 200? While leaning it almost feels like there is a lot more resistance on the tires. Hard to explain. Almost a rubbing sensation. Tires are Michelin. Tire pressure is 26 front and rear. I don’t know how to read the suspension. Attached picture. What should I set suspension to and how to so do it? Thank you
I would also bump you're tire pressure up to 36 front 40 rear

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can always count on you guys. Thank you. I can’t even budge the shock with the tool. Any tricks? Would putting bike on a lift help?

·
Old Goat
25,425 Posts
I can always count on you guys. Thank you. I can’t even budge the shock with the tool. Any tricks? Would putting bike on a lift help?
It does help to take the weight off...they look a little funky...maybe a squirt of wd 1000 ...lol..i mean 40...good luck

while your at it ...see what shape your shock bushings are in...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You got the post on tire pressure?

just checkin'

Tricks? looks like it's on 5

·
Registered
235 Posts
Tennx is right, a good dose of WD40 or pick up some of this at your local auto parts store - https://www.amazon.com/Seafoam-Extreme-Marine-Rv-Lubricant/dp/B0002KL6TM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=9IQ89C4UNUAP&dchild=1&keywords=seafoam+penetrating+oil&qid=1596540604&sprefix=Seafoam+pen,aps,175&sr=8-2
Stuff works GREAT!
When riding by myself, I keep my shocks set on 3, with my wife on the back, I bump them up to 4. That's all you should really need. I agree with others, I think your running your tire pressure a bit low. Low tire pressure will make your bike handle and do all kinda of weird things in cornners, especially riding 2-up.

Keep in touch and let us know how things are going... safe riding.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Having the bike on a lift or stand def. makes changing the rubber shock bushings easier. Do one side at a time. The other side will hold it in position with minimal movement. One bolt is longer than the other.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tire pressure adjusted and I was able to swear at the springs and they finally moved. Jacking bike up did the trick. Thanks all. Now time to ride!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts