Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 VTX 1300c; V&H Cruisers and jet kit. I'm considering Kuryakn Pro-R hypercharger or Baron big Air kit...looking for a bit more ooomph.

Anyone with experience or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Just went from the Pro Charger to the Barons BAK. I was tired of the Kury hitting my knee. The BAK looks better IMHO and you can hardly see it when sitting on the bike. Performance wise I think the BAK will out perform the Kury when I get it tuned. Also get rid of the emission crap.
I see you double posted this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RIXer...re: the double post...went back after about an hour and didn't see original post...so re-posted in the event that I messed up somehow.

Precisely which 'pollution crap' are you talking about?

Thanks for the opinion...I think the BAK is better looking too, but I'm not one to go for looks over performance.

I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
RIXer...re: the double post...went back after about an hour and didn't see original post...so re-posted in the event that I messed up somehow.

Precisely which 'pollution crap' are you talking about?

Thanks for the opinion...I think the BAK is better looking too, but I'm not one to go for looks over performance.

I appreciate your help.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312207&highlight=Pair+Valve

If you get the BAK it comes with the plates. Read the links posted above before you ask what they are. Pipes,air kit,pair removal and rejet is all you need.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hypercharger

I had a hypercharger Pro put on a 06 vtx1300c by my dealer and it sucked (not literally) and after having reinstalled by a race mechanic it made a
incredible difference in the throttle response. I also had Vance & Hinges
cruisers before the Hypercharger was installed. It does stick out a bit
and takes a while to get used to it. As far as overall performance I
think it opened up the air flow quite a bit, re-jetting is a must.
I think the real issue is appearance vs. the knee adjustment.
Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts