Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my brother just got back from a 1500 mile trip. He rides a '04 1300S and I have a '05 1300C. They both performed beautifully without a single problem. We started out in central Louisiana and went up the Natchez trace to Nashville where we were holed up for a day and a half in a motel room while we watched the rain fall. We saw a break in the clouds and took our chances heading out towards the Ozarks. Bad choice. More rain. Finally we made it to the Ozarks where we rode for half a day. Bikes did great in the hills. We were totally pleased with the performance of both bikes. Averaged about 300 miles a day. Actually the best piece of equipment we had was my brother's saddlebag cooler that holds a 12 pack of beer. Came in handy after a good day of riding!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
wow !I just came back from near Lafayette,La. myself. 1600 miles..4 days, what a ride !! That highway 55 in Mississippi is smooth as silk.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Matchstick,

I wish I would have known you were in the area would have rode at least to the Mississippi line with you. PM me next time you do one of those rides. You probably passed a couple of miles from my house.

Did you catch any bad weather???

Have a good one,

operator

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Will do operator,and I left Louisiana with the storm chasing me but it never caught me :roll:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bet it was fun---will do it one of these days. Yea I live off of I-12 between Baton Rouge and Hammond---if you were at Breaux Bridge and hit I-55 you passed pretty close. I was home that week and rode Sunday--may have crossed you on the road. A lot of Bikers out that weekend.

Have a good one,

operator

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yes the VTX 1300 Retro do great on trips. I got back last weekend from a road trip from South Florida to Columbia S.C. I did between 70 and 75 on the way up, but coming back I thought I would throttle it up a little. I came back doing between 80 and 85. Man at 85 MPH, that VTX of Mine is like right at home. She just purrrs like a cat. Smooth and quite. I did get up to 100, and it was like WOW....A Rush. No question about it. This VTX 1300 Retro is made to Crusie down the road.

tlyoungb

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock seat hurts

Yes, I do have a stock seat on my 1300C and my butt was more than numb to say the least. What is a good comfortable replacement? I also cannot say enough about my T Bags. I have the extendable T Bag. Great for trips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
AZ bike week ride

I just got back from Arizona bike week. What a great trip that was. My 3rd time there with my 1300 retro With mostly HD`s out there i did not see any metric bikes on the side of the road, as i did see a few HD`s We road to Sedona and took the senic ride back down highway 89-A, wow what a ride that is thru a town called Jerome It took about 45 minutes of turn after turn of switch back roads at 6000 foot elevation. My 1300 just said lets go... with out any problem. now that is a place to really enjoy riding a bike. Even with all the HD`s there i had many looks at my 1300 with them saying , nice bike.With the power of the 1300 i just smiled and past many HD`s even my buddies HD. without the vibration that he gets..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts