Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't own a VTX, or have no preference

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
I voted, so I guess I'm being mildly hypocritical by asking, but:

Why is this suddenly the biggest topic? What difference does it make? I ride a 1300, I just as easy could have bought an 1800 but didn't want/need it. . WTF?? on the first page alone of this forum, there are like 3 different 1800 vs 1300 threads. . .

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2185856#post2185856

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2185661#post2185661

and now this one. . . .

This petty BS is getting a bit out of control here.

*sigh* I hope someone can enlighten me as to why this is so important. . .

·
Old Goat
25,634 Posts
I too could have purchased a 1800 hell I could have purchased all most anything I wanted at the time (cant do that now)without riding either for me anything bigger than the 1300 was overkill, but I will say this Ive spent the difference on blings and mods.:dontknow:I for one am for whatever works for the individual thats what makes America great people freedom of choice,can I git a Amen:mrgreen:. Have a good one

·
Registered
870 Posts
Amen

I too could have purchased a 1800 hell I could have purchased all most anything I wanted at the time (cant do that now)without riding either for me anything bigger than the 1300 was overkill, but I will say this Ive spent the difference on blings and mods.:dontknow:I for one am for whatever works for the individual thats what makes America great people freedom of choice,can I git a Amen:mrgreen:. Have a good one

This is really what it comes down to................

Steel

·
Registered
5,065 Posts

Why is this suddenly the biggest topic? What difference does it make? I ride a 1300, I just as easy could have bought an 1800 but didn't want/need it. . WTF?? on the first page alone of this forum, there are like 3 different 1800 vs 1300 threads. . .

and now this one. . . .

All in good fun.

A little bit of cabin fever for folks too probably.

G

·
0 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, it isn't.

It's hard to really know why some people post things, but you can get a clue when you read what else they post. Some people are merely curious as to the numbers making up the board, although in one sense what does that matter?

What is sad, though, is when someone has to validate what he rides by the opinion of others, or even worse, by ridiculing what other people ride. No matter what you have, there is someone else who has something better...and if they don't, wait about 5 minutes and someone will.

The only reason you should buy a motorcycle is to enjoy it...for yourself, and for what you think of it...if you think it will make you something, or someone, you aren't going to be happy. Sometimes you might not be able to buy the one you want, but then enjoy what you can have...or wait until you can buy what you want. In either case, you don't help yourself or anyone else by putting down someone else's ride.

You cannot buy character...the bike you sit on is a machine, pure and simple. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone can buy one...so it doesn't make you special or even unique.

I ride a 1300 because I like it...and the only opinion that really matters to me is mine (in this case.) Sure, I like it when other people like my bike...and I get mad when other people put it down. I am human. But when I stop to think about it, I don't REALLY care what they think, nor did they buy it for me to ride. When someone offers to buy me a bike, then I'll care about their opinion. Until then, I'll ride mine and you ride yours...and we can both be happy.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
You left out a couple of choices in the poll. The other needed choices are I have two bikes one is an X the other is something else. I ride/prefer the other bike more. I prefer/ride the X more.

In place of the X please put both engine sizes of the X.

BTW, IMHO, all this is doing is causing friction in the VTX group.

Tejas

·
Registered
213 Posts

and now this one. . . .

Well its something I like reading,Myself:dontknow: Its not a dead Board:bowdown:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
A big +1Ken,

In 20 years is it really gonna matter if you rode a 1300 or a 1800 in 2009 ? No its not, but, what will matter is thinking back on the good times you had riding. Dont forget the common theme here and that is we all love to ride :mcrider:

G

·
0 Posts
A big +1Ken,

In 20 years is it really gonna matter if you rode a 1300 or a 1800 in 2009 ? No its not, but, what will matter is thinking back on the good times you had riding. Dont forget the common theme here and that is we all love to ride :mcrider:
Well, I'm 58...in 20 years I'll be 78. Sure, I'll still be riding my VTX then! :doorag:

I'll just need to find some chaps that fit over diapers. Man, I hate to give up my thong, though.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I'd ride a cb 350 if it was all I could get my hands on, and be happy for it!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Well, I'm 58...in 20 years I'll be 78. Sure, I'll still be riding my VTX then! :doorag:

I'll just need to find some chaps that fit over diapers. Man, I hate to give up my thong, though.
With chaps you dont need diapers.

You just cover the seat with either diaper material or sheepskin.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
But then, what do you do when you stop at Denny's? :dontknow:
See, this is where someone like Glen or Hick comes in.....coming up with solutions to issues like this....!

There's a need.....who will fill it?

LOL

Upon thinking about it, could probably build some sort of a interface that locks between your pants bottom and the seat....and use the otherwise useless tool stowage area for ...ahem...recieving the ...errr.....material.

No diapers needed.

Time for me to get out the hole saw and a spare seat....LOL :yikes:

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
All in good fun.

A little bit of cabin fever for folks too probably.
I suppose you're right. . . just seems a bit foolish. . . Tejas sums it up pretty well right here:

BTW, IMHO, all this is doing is causing friction in the VTX group.

Tejas
I doubt the "my bike is better then your bike" mentality will go away after it's been ingrained over and over again, "1800 riders just care about size" or "1300 riders are cheap bastages that couldn't afford an 1800. Dumb girls". . .

:roll:

A VTX is a VTX. 1800/1300. . . Someone in one of the other 18vs 13 threads said it's all the same wind we're blowing through. . . and I think that's probably the most important.

Be safe, happy riding.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts