Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered from Direct Line a set of Dunlop Elite 4 and what I received from them is a set of Elite 3. What is going on???

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
must be OLD stock.. the 3 went out of production last summer.

I tried for 2 months to get a front 3..... last summer...

call them back.. for a refund...

I love the 4... softer ride at same air pressure (40)...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I would call and return them. If you bought Elite 4, you need to get Elite 4. The other option might be to have them refund part of your money. Be sure to check the manufacturing date on the tires as well. I would never start out on a tire older than 12-15 months old.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
and the retail price of a Elite 4 is much more than an Elite 3....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would call and return them. If you bought Elite 4, you need to get Elite 4. The other option might be to have them refund part of your money. Be sure to check the manufacturing date on the tires as well. I would never start out on a tire older than 12-15 months old.
Just curious- when ording online, have you found a way to make sure you receive tires less than 12 months old? I agree, good idea, When I ordered this winter and received one that was 18 months, I was not thrilled, but did not return it. Seemed like a hassle either way. Just wondering if there is a way to predict what you receive or special instructions when ordering.

I would go back and get the 4s, if that’s what order. Also maybe contact Dunlop online- they replied to my web inquiry this winter within 2 days and were very helpful- Your order was placed during the promo period, they may try to make it right.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
I agree contact Dunlop directly.. and return the 3's. for a full refund...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts