Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to this guy at the corner gas hike station the other day and he told me that he has a 750 thats a year or 2 old (I don't remember) and he kept calling it a vtx. As I was talking about it I called it a Shadow and he said no, it's a vtx. Is he a liar/moron or am I the moron? I don't know much about MC's. I'm a new rider... :?: :?:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Bubbaloo said:
I was talking to this guy at the corner gas hike station the other day and he told me that he has a 750 thats a year or 2 old (I don't remember) and he kept calling it a vtx. As I was talking about it I called it a Shadow and he said no, it's a vtx. Is he a liar/moron or am I the moron? I don't know much about MC's. I'm a new rider... :?: :?:
Never heard of such a thing. But I guess there is one:

http://cars.iol.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=211143

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Oh, I see it's overseas....who knows what they do over there. I guess they don't want to call it what is really is and that is the A.C.E. (American Classic...ummmm, what's the E for?... ah yes, Edition!)

·
Registered
987 Posts
so that's what it stands for. you learn something new... Wahzzup, Georgia? Air cleaner cover says hey, again. It's still shiny.

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
People think my wifes 750 is a VTX because they always ask her if she is riding the same kind of bike....LOL Other than it's a Honda it is nothing like a VTX

B

·
0 Posts
Bubbaloo said:
There is no such bike. The new 750 Aero has some styling cues similar to the VTX. But, that is as close as it gets.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/newsan ... /Aero2004/

The VLX is a 600 cc bike and bears no resemblance to the VTX.

There is a 750 spirit. But, It doesn't look like VTX either..

I am betting he is talking about the Aero. Maybe he was yanking your chain?

·
Registered
550 Posts
As has been stated, the 750 Aero has styling cues from the VTX line, ie fenders and tail lamp.

There have been rumours of Honda introducing another VTX in the 900cc range. Kinda, one-up-manship on the 805cc Suzuki Volusia/Boulevard C90. The addition of shaft drive to Honda's 750 ACE (now 750 Aero) increased weight and lost rear wheel horsepower to boot, something it was lacking already if any pretensions toward carrying a passenger were considered. If Honda were to raise the displacement to the 900 - 1000cc range, keep the weight down significantly below the VTX1300 and drop the revs a bit, they might have a hit on their hands. But conversely, it might just steal sales from the more profitable VTX 1300. I know I'd certainly have taken a look if such a bike existed and came in a couple thousand dollars less than the VTX 1300.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts