Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else getting the run-around from VTX DAYMAKER site? I placed an order and Shawn Noronha keeps telling me it is on the way.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
yes I placed an order a month ago, was told they were expecting a shipment on April 2, and mine would ship on 4-3 still nothing,

having a similar issue with xch%$#&*%.com I got part of my order from them, but been waiting on my exhaust for 6 weeks, I have sent them 7 emails requesting tracking info and they have ignored me.

took it up with my credit card company this morning for both. fail to deliver and fraud. federal law prevents charging a credit card until the items have shipped.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Remember we are still in the middle of a world wide pandemic... Items from vendors in all different industries are WAY behind because of lack of supplies. When it comes to smaller vendors (like vtxdaymaker), they don't have the buying power of a place like Summit Racing, and because of this even they are getting the run-around from their suppliers.

If you can't wait, get your money back, but you really have no good alternative, Shawn makes the best adapter for our bikes, it is is worth the wait.

My brother waited 7 months for a piece of furniture. The world is up-side-down right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK everyone, Shawn just responded to me again. I understand the difficulties of producing products during this time. I just don't like when a commitment is made and not met. I have been screwed by venders before that wont honor their warranty (Supreme Legends). I will surely give Shawn more time. I just want a reasonable estimate of delivery.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This is why Xfloppers is banned from this site and others
wish I had known that.

in the hands of my Credit card company now. AMEX is good about this stuff.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I was emailed by Jamie Miller, I'll give them a chance to give me a realistic ship date.
yeah I emailed her this morning, got another excuse. handed it off to my credit card company.

I get the whole pandemic situation but it takes seconds to send out an email advising customers they are having supply issues,, Silence is deadly in customer service.

Reactions: PNWRider

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Maybe the vendors shipments were on the ship stuck in the Suez Canal. Just a thought...lol
anything is possible.

not going to bad mouth Daymaker at this point, but the reasons I have received don't make sense, unless shipments go backwards from being in stock to being in a warehouse, to being in customs.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
so I just received an email that the item had shipped. hmm.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
wish I had known that.

in the hands of my Credit card company now. AMEX is good about this stuff.
It's been probably 9-10 years now, but shortly after I bought my '03 in 2011, I made a list of goodies I wanted to add to the bike. Then I started shopping around. One of the vendors I contacted was Xchoppers. I talked with them on the phone, made my order, sent them my method of payment, and in a reasonably short time, I received what I ordered. THEN I came to find all the kerfuffle going on between some folks and them. I, however, had no such issues. I will admit it influenced me from buying anything from them again.

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,238 Posts
OK everyone, Shawn just responded to me again. I understand the difficulties of producing products during this time. I just don't like when a commitment is made and not met. I have been screwed by venders before that wont honor their warranty (Supreme Legends). I will surely give Shawn more time. I just want a reasonable estimate of delivery.

Shawn seems like a pretty stand up guy. I ordered my Daymaker from him a couple years back. Last year I wanted to order a set of passing lights, I emailed him with a few questions about them and he told me to wait as he was having some supply issues. Now I can't get to my US shipping address, so I'll continue to wait until the border opens again.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Shawn is a stand up guy, one of the few guys who went out of his way to design a product on an extinct bike. If we give our vendors a hard time, we will have nothing made for our bikes.

Shawn isn't doing this as a full time job (at least he wasn't), so understand that he has to work then follow up with this stuff. Also understand that everyone who orders something, wants to have a discussion with the vendor. He does the best he can with a shop of just him (at least it was a solo operation), doing it part time, and continuing to improve his design.

When you get it, and install it, you will see WAY better than a non-adjustable bracket (I spent more on other products before Shawn designed the adjustable bracket). I actually was an early adopter of his non-adjustable bracket (to replace the heavy metal version I had), then when he designed the adjustable, I was also an early adopter. Every step of the way, he has designed a product that I felt was worth getting the improved version, and did so without hesitation.

This pandemic has messed up the full supply chain. Vendors that aren't large like I said before (like Summit Racing), are being given the run around as well. They are being told they will have supplies on a specific date just to have the date changed. Shops like Shawn are doing the best they can to give dates to their customers, but they also are getting broken promises from their suppliers.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Shawn is a stand up guy, one of the few guys who went out of his way to design a product on an extinct bike. If we give our vendors a hard time, we will have nothing made for our bikes.

Shawn isn't doing this as a full time job (at least he wasn't), so understand that he has to work then follow up with this stuff. Also understand that everyone who orders something, wants to have a discussion with the vendor. He does the best he can with a shop of just him (at least it was a solo operation), doing it part time, and continuing to improve his design.

When you get it, and install it, you will see WAY better than a non-adjustable bracket (I spent more on other products before Shawn designed the adjustable bracket). I actually was an early adopter of his non-adjustable bracket (to replace the heavy metal version I had), then when he designed the adjustable, I was also an early adopter. Every step of the way, he has designed a product that I felt was worth getting the improved version, and did so without hesitation.

This pandemic has messed up the full supply chain. Vendors that aren't large like I said before (like Summit Racing), are being given the run around as well. They are being told they will have supplies on a specific date just to have the date changed. Shops like Shawn are doing the best they can to give dates to their customers, but they also are getting broken promises from their suppliers.
This is good to hear about Daymaker. And i understand the supply issues.

my concerns were:

1. Lack of communication, no information provided unless I as the customer reached out. my credit card was charged and then silence for over a month.

as I said. It takes mere seconds to send out a global email to all outstanding orders that says hey due to pandemic our supply chain is having issues.

2. Questionable responses. When I did reach out I did get a response. But the responses were excuses; First one saying items were in stock. A second saying they were inbound from the warehouse. And a third saying they were stuck in customs.

how does something go from being in stock to being stuck in customs a month later? Supply chain works the other direction.

I understand they had some issues with their likely Chinese suppliers and customs. Not unheard of for the past year. So just say that. Don’t pass me off with a different excuse every time I reach out.

I’m a reasonable guy. If you tell me this is a side gig And it will take some time I’m cool with that, but tell me. As I said; Silence is deadly in the service world.

i waited a year for my VTX gas cap hinge from Glen years back. But he always sent me a email at least once a month noting the progress of his design and manufacturing until one day it arrived. Long wait yes, but he kept communication until the product arrived.

·
Registered
10,441 Posts
Shawn has a full time job, that often involves overtime and travel, taking away from his hobby business.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
To all, my order is on it's way viva USPS.
Excellent news. You will really like the added light, it is way better than putting an LED bulb into the OEM halogen housing. And the adjustable bracket is worth it to make sure the added light is actually in a usable position. I would never go back to pre-daymaker, and I would never go back to a nonadjustable bracket.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts