Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It is interesting because my “F” has an oem adjustable bracket that moves the halogen reflector. Don’t know that I need the daymaker bracket, but it is included with the light so I will have a spare.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It is interesting because my “F” has an oem adjustable bracket that moves the halogen reflector. Don’t know that I need the daymaker bracket, but it is included with the light so I will have a spare.
I'm not an F-guy. I know they are unique vs all other VTX's, but with the other models the adjustable bracket is because the Daymakers once installed will be static. You actually even need a bracket to be able to hold the daymaker in the housing. Your options are adjustable or non-adjustable aftermarket bracket. Non-adjustable more than likely will aim the daymaker way too low, making one think they are worse than stock. This is the great thing about what Shawn engineered, it uses components of your OEM bracket to make it adjustable so you can properly take advantage of the daymaker projectors.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm not an F-guy. I know they are unique vs all other VTX's, but with the other models the adjustable bracket is because the Daymakers once installed will be static. You actually even need a bracket to be able to hold the daymaker in the housing. Your options are adjustable or non-adjustable aftermarket bracket. Non-adjustable more than likely will aim the daymaker way too low, making one think they are worse than stock. This is the great thing about what Shawn engineered, it uses components of your OEM bracket to make it adjustable so you can properly take advantage of the daymaker projectors.
i see, so this daymaker bracket and the OEM have to be used together.

·
Registered
10,367 Posts
I don't know exactly why, but even with the adjustable bracket, I had to add 3 very small flat washers as shims under the right side screw to get my beam to center. Other than that, it's the shizzle.

Reactions: PNWRider

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
I did not have any issues with VTX Daymaker. Always had good service from Xchoppers.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
13,241 Posts
I don't know exactly why, but even with the adjustable bracket, I had to add 3 very small flat washers as shims under the right side screw to get my beam to center. Other than that, it's the shizzle.
I found the OEM adjustment screws difficult to deal with.
OEM H4 Lamp and H4 leds later did not want to adjust.
I frequently pushed on the headlight while adjusting the screw to get the adjustment I wanted.
Seems the angle of the adjusting screws is the problem.
My homemade bracket has a washer or two for horizontal centering and
a screw on the bottom for vertical adjustment.
Later I saw where they used the OEM adjusters screwed onto the Daymaker.
I did not want to do that...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m waiting for my shipment from Shawn currently. I also have an F and struck out trying to use a “plug and play” light from Eagle Lights. Just looking for an update, I realize this thread is 6 months old, hopefully time for a worthy review, LOL!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I’m waiting for my shipment from Shawn currently. I also have an F and struck out trying to use a “plug and play” light from Eagle Lights. Just looking for an update, I realize this thread is 6 months old, hopefully time for a worthy review, LOL!
I got mine and installed it. it works great. follow the instructions and go slow, and it will all mesh together fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got mine and installed it. it works great. follow the instructions and go slow, and it will all mesh together fine.
I’m looking forward to it, sounds like there’s some great instructions included. I was really disappointed in the Eagle “solution,” couldn’t get the trim ring holes to line up with their bracket enough to even get close to putting it back in the bucket. They even sent me another bracket to try, with the same results. Great customer service though, very responsive, and the lifetime warranty was attractive too. I’m all about supporting small business, everything I’ve read about Shawn’s product sounds amazing.
I love the looks of the F, was wanting a VTX1800 but didn’t like the long fenders on the other models. I just didn’t realize until I bought it that it was the odd bird. I don’t mind a challenge though, I kept a GL1200 in service 25+ years after it was built.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I’m looking forward to it, sounds like there’s some great instructions included. I was really disappointed in the Eagle “solution,” couldn’t get the trim ring holes to line up with their bracket enough to even get close to putting it back in the bucket. They even sent me another bracket to try, with the same results. Great customer service though, very responsive, and the lifetime warranty was attractive too. I’m all about supporting small business, everything I’ve read about Shawn’s product sounds amazing.
I love the looks of the F, was wanting a VTX1800 but didn’t like the long fenders on the other models. I just didn’t realize until I bought it that it was the odd bird. I don’t mind a challenge though, I kept a GL1200 in service 25+ years after it was built.

I prefer unicorn over odd bird.

the F is unique. which at this age causes some issues. FWIW most C parts fit the F. even the headlight if you want to swap the buckets. I prefer the F headlight design, unfortunately it is no longer available. I must've called 20 dealerships before finding one that had it on their shelves. bought both of the ones they had so I can paint one and keep one in chrome. just so I can change things up once in a while.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I prefer unicorn over odd bird.

the F is unique. which at this age causes some issues. FWIW most C parts fit the F. even the headlight if you want to swap the buckets. I prefer the F headlight design, unfortunately it is no longer available. I must've called 20 dealerships before finding one that had it on their shelves. bought both of the ones they had so I can paint one and keep one in chrome. just so I can change things up once in a while.
Unicorn it is, LOL!

I did swap to an Ultimate seat, have to return the core, but worth it to me. I do need a spare key blank or two, the dealership needs a number from the switch apparently, I’m thinking I’ll have to pull it to find it.

Love the forum so far, any leads are appreciated!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Unicorn it is, LOL!

I did swap to an Ultimate seat, have to return the core, but worth it to me. I do need a spare key blank or two, the dealership needs a number from the switch apparently, I’m thinking I’ll have to pull it to find it.

Love the forum so far, any leads are appreciated!

Remove 1 screw at the key switch, pull chrome cover off and look for the key number on the body of the ignition switch

21 - 34 of 34 Posts