Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious about the emblems on the tank. I've seen a lot of pictures of bikes without the emblem, does anyone know how to remove them?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Patience. And when your remove it, take your time, you dont want to scratch it. I kept mint on, but I added a Decal above the tank.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The best way I have found is to take floss and double it up. Start working it behind and use it like a saw. It will peal the tape off without hurting the paint at all.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thats a great idea. I'm leaving mine on, but thats smart.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
customed1300, that looks nice. Have so say I like the emblem on. It shows everyone that it's a VTX.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks RJ. I took off a few stickers, like tire pressure and that stuff and stuck it on my backside cover. I put on a few extra VTX stickers too as you see on the side cover and one on the fuel tank, in the front you can't see from that view. Sure, I wan't people to know its a Honda, but when they hear me pass them, they have no idea what I am driving!

·
Registered
611 Posts
mls016,

Just took mine off tonight...used a heat gun and pulled away from tank. Time, a finger nail, and goo gone did the rest...don't forget to wax!

Bike ('05 VTX1300C) looks awesome with these removed...makes it look longer.

Good luck!

Rick

·
Registered
740 Posts
I too used the doubled up dental floss, and finger nail for the first side of the tank, then I remembered that I had a plastic putty knife, man that made the rest of the sticky stuff come off much faster, and didn't scratch the paint. I used an old tee shirt and sprayed WD40 on the shirt and worked it into the glue left on the tank, it took awhile, but removed all the glue. Then I took some window cleaner and sprayed on a paper towel, wiped the tank down to remove the WD40 residue, and then waxed the tank, and side covers. Came out beautiful. Thanks for the tips everyone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I took mine off with dental floss and it worked great. I took the Honda emblem off the side covers and put them on the tank instead. I am not ashamed that I drive a Honda, but that original emblem is hideous to me ( :D each to his/her own :D ). I like the look better than the plain empty tank look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got my wife's hair dryer and some dental floss. Came right off. Used "Goof Off" to get the adhesive.

G

·
0 Posts
just used dental floss doubled up, no hair dryer, or anything...just used the floss like a saw...came right off...and off the side covers too..
then used goo gone to get the glue off...then wax

1 - 12 of 12 Posts