Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input on Vance and Hines or Cobras as best selection of exhausts?? I've read a few articles and looked at web sites for modifying the pipes, but would like to look at my other options as a back up. JUST in CASE.

Looking for a louder noise from the pipes but do not want it too loud. Want to let them know I'm coming without being to loud. Any input pls let me know, thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was looking at the same pipes as you

but ended up going with the V and H's - timing was everything cause HDL had a "sale" on them ( which is still going on).

One word of advise, if you go with V and H's, get the quiet baffles.

I wanted louder than stock pipes, but w/o the baffles, they sounded like a car with no exhaust---nasty!!! :evil:

With the baffles they are still loud but not nearly as bad and have a nice rumble to them.

SCOTT

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
V&H with quiet baffles are good. I like the Thunder Monsters, but I like it real loud. :shock:

·
Registered
114 Posts
"I wanted louder than stock pipes, but w/o the baffles, they sounded like a car with no exhaust---nasty!!! "

FYI open exhaust sounds awsome! not "nasty". I hear mopeds have real quiet exhaust. :roll:

·
Registered
146 Posts
highplainsxer said:
I have the Jardine Drag Pipes and love them. I would characterize the sound as a euphonious, mellifluous, deep rumble. :lol:

Wow.... "honey get my thesaurus..." :)

Respectfully,
David

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have Bigshots with Thundermonsters and I would like to express a few words about them.

First of all they are LOUD. Secondly, they are Loud. Additionally, they are loud, and therefore they are loud.
In conclusion, and without further ado, let me state without hesitation, they are LOUD.

Respectfully,

David

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
Hey solveforX are you trying to say your pipes with T-monsters are loud? I didn't hear you. I just came in from a ride down to the store. :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pipes

Hey thanks to all. Some nice looking bikes as well. I did find a site www.kingofthecruisers.com that was some what helpful as well. It lets you listen to different pipes on VTX,s. But being realistic I know some of it does not really give you the true sound. If none of you been there check it out.
Well from one Canadian VTXer to the Rest Ride On.

To All Let the Wind Caress the Face and Sooth the Soul.

Al

·
Super Moderator
63,772 Posts
Re: Pipes

acmorrison said:
Hey thanks to all. Some nice looking bikes as well. I did find a site www.kingofthecruisers.com that was some what helpful as well. It lets you listen to different pipes on VTX,s. But being realistic I know some of it does not really give you the true sound. If none of you been there check it out.
Well from one Canadian VTXer to the Rest Ride On.

To All Let the Wind Caress the Face and Sooth the Soul.

Al
Yep, we know of that unsavory charecter that runs that site. Wilbur's his name and he hangs out on this board a lot. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts