Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing my stock horn and have a couple of questions:

1. What have you done?
2. If you moved it, what did you do with the stock mount? And how did you do it?

Thanks.

-s
Horn Mount.jpg

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
stebel horn

I have the stebel mounted where the original one was... My gal friends Sportster horn is much louder... So gonna look for a sportster horn... hers is a 2012..dont know if the older models used the same horn?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I'm thinking about replacing my stock horn and have a couple of questions:

1. What have you done?
2. If you moved it, what did you do with the stock mount? And how did you do it?

Thanks.

-s
View attachment 31349
I can't speak for others, but if you can find a OEM horn from a 03R, 02Ryou will have a loud horn. It shaped like a Stebel snail 8)

·
Old Goat
25,489 Posts
Before I knew about he Stebel, I had went with a couple of HI/LO tone freeway blasters, hooked to my stock button thru a relay...good luck on your choice...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
got a stebel horn don't need relay unless you move the horn far from the switch, then you have to install the relay. Factory horn don't make enough sound for me. Pipes, horns, yelling at drivers who are on the phone works really well. Thought about air horns...just have not given it much more thought what I Have work's.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Yes Sir

got a stebel horn don't need relay unless you move the horn far from the switch, then you have to install the relay. Factory horn don't make enough sound for me. Pipes, horns, yelling at drivers who are on the phone works really well. Thought about air horns...just have not given it much more thought what I Have work's.
I have the stebel air horn and in a closed area very loud but on the highway in traffic,not so much...
My gal friends Sportster horn is much louder...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Both stock & Stebel.

I've separated the Stebel, pump & horn, mounted the pump into the toolbox under the seatto keep dry. Ran a 1/4" tube out to the horn and mounted on the right side of radiator with custom made bracket.

With the OEM electric horn also connected, there is a second or so delay between the two and makes it as though there is 2 vehicles blowing the horn:lol:

Trust me, I do get noticed more now than I used to with the stock OEM "road runner" horn:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,391 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all. When you relocate your horns are you just cutting the bracket above the radiator (I have a 1300) off? Sanding and repainting?

Just curious.

-s

·
Registered
4,965 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Thanks to all. When you relocate your horns are you just cutting the bracket above the radiator (I have a 1300) off? Sanding and repainting?

Just curious.

-s
I think mind just un-bolted but can't remember. If it didn't I know its still there. Not close to the bike so I can't look. Too much rain lately so had to take the truck to work again... If you can't get it off, paint it black so it blends in...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts