Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching lot of motorcycle youtube channels. From people on adventure bikes who circled the globe to those who rode the Dalton highway to the arctic circle. Not once did I see anybody put the VTX on their list for anything, test ride it, ride it cross country or anything like that. VTX doesn't seem to even exist in the enthusiasts world. Seems like a pretty boring segment.

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
Leroys73 and Heffly have collected "Iron Butt" certificates and other long rides.
Enduro did long distance riding also.
When they have most of the continental USA colored in plus Canadian provinces
they have been traveling.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, ok but I didn't come across them. You know how youtube channelizes you.

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
I think Mr. Incredible made the point. I believe it's a question of relevance. At this point the VTX is neither current or in some way exceptional, as in rare or something. Further to that, it's a cruiser which is, at this point, less relevant than at any other point in motorcycle history.

That said, a quick search limited to the last your brings up a lot of videos. Reviews, mods, fixes. These don't pop up daily but the bike isn't totally ignored.

check it out;

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Nothing special about the VTX...other than to those who admire and appreciate its qualities....like a lot of other names ,its part of history now....

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing special about the VTX...other than to those who admire and appreciate its qualities....like a lot of other names ,its part of history now....
Still looks great though. The youtube universe is full of stories on "adventure bikes" and all the incredible places they take you. Where does the VTX take you other than down the I-95? The biggest rage is now the Royal Enfield Himalayan, which apparently is made in India, but it has circled the globe and went to the arctic. I am not even sure if it's sold here.

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Shredder..
I dont get the point your trying to make....the VTX Line-Up is a cruiser....it will take u from coast to coast ...border to border....but wasnt meant to take u to the Alps.....LOL

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Well, it is not a cool bike. Or an overpriced bike. Or a stunt bike. Or a bad bike.
It is a reliable cruiser that delivers what it promises. Nothing sensational about it.
I will keep enjoying its service whether there are a bunch of YT videos about it or not.

Though I did see some cool YT videos of someone drifting the VTX. Including the original advertisement.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Why isn't it taken around the world through desolate places? You only need to look at 1 reason..... Fuel mileage and really, really short legs. In places where fuel stations are 200 miles apart, you're going to be pushing the VTX for 70 miles.
With 3.5 gallons at 35 mpg for 122.5 miles that is the only complaint I have about my 2003 1800s. I can live with that.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I've been watching lot of motorcycle youtube channels. From people on adventure bikes who circled the globe to those who rode the Dalton highway to the arctic circle. Not once did I see anybody put the VTX on their list for anything, test ride it, ride it cross country or anything like that. VTX doesn't seem to even exist in the enthusiasts world. Seems like a pretty boring segment.
Must be true then.:)

How boring.:sleep:

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are tons of VTX videos on YouTube! I watched hours worth of them prior to purchasing my 2005 1800f. Mostly reviews, maintenance etc., but they are out there and very entertaining! I particularly like Srkcycles.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Yes the fuel range does suck. No other way of putting it. My '0218C has 120,000 miles on it and runs better than ever. I've been fortunate enough to enjoy this lifestyle/interest/hobby for 50 years. I like to ride other bikes and I've worn other bikes out (top end), but that 18C aint going nowhere. It still pulls like a train!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think Mr. Incredible made the point. I believe it's a question of relevance. At this point the VTX is neither current or in some way exceptional, as in rare or something. Further to that, it's a cruiser which is, at this point, less relevant than at any other point in motorcycle history.
The VTX V-Twin cruiser gained popularity for older guys after Motorcycle Mania, Biker Build-Offs, OCC and other TV shows. V-Twin cruisers seemed to start losing their appeal after these TV shows ended. As far as design, pretty much everything has been built with V-Twins. As far Adventurer motorcycles this group of riders seem to start about 15 years back and has been gaining popularity for manufacturers to make these kind of bikes. Also I noticed the naked sport bikes are popular with younger riders. Times change, styles of motorcycles come and go when you look back at the history.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
I was late to the party, having gotten my '03 1800C used in 2011. I knew I wanted a big cruiser style bike, after having a 1100 Shadow Spirit for 2 years, to get back into riding after a 28 yr. haitus. I could have pulled the trigger anytime in those 28 yrs., but LIFE tells you when and where it's the RIGHT time. Not sorry.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts