Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around and I cannot find any reference to the approx. milage life of an 1800 VTX. Anyone have a rough idea?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Close to 50,000 on mine..runs better than the first year. A friend has close to 70,000..same...

Mine is on Warranty for another 18 months...should have 70-75,000 by then...

·
Registered
983 Posts
docc said:
Close to 50,000 on mine..runs better than the first year. A friend has close to 70,000..same...

Mine is on Warranty for another 18 months...should have 70-75,000 by then...
lol docc, and I thought I rode alot. Awhile back I was running the back roads and went past a diner with 3 honda scooters sporting AZ tags out front. Kid and I went in for a snack and when we came out the 3 older than me gents were checking out my X. Turns out they had the scooters on the back of their RV's and had gone 100 miles out from their campsite and were heading back, one guy was an X owner. I told him about the board and the Ultimate seat he was staring at, hope he finds the group. Cya, Lep

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for the rough idea on milage. My "Harley" brother-in-law says his new Road King should out last my VTX. It might, if he stops ridding at 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Jerry P said:
Thank's for the rough idea on milage. My "Harley" brother-in-law says his new Road King should out last my VTX. It might, if he stops ridding at 30,000 miles.
sorry I didn't really give an answer to the question. If you are talking about an engine rebuild, Gold Wings that I know are getting 150k or more with care I would think our low rpm engine would go for quite a few years. Everyone loves their own bike, don't make him feel too bad if he can't keep up. :D

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Jerry P said:
I can't imagine any test out there that he can use to even come to a conclusion such as that. To many people love to make blind statements to try and make it sound like they know something. Regardless of brand or background. Ignorance irritates me.

·
Registered
743 Posts
a friend of my manager has a 2002 C, just turned 92,000 miles on it. He does some serious riding, and it runs as good as the day he bought it. Has never had a problem with it and bike is completely stock. At that rate I figure mine will last me 10 years. :)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Like Katwoman...gonna ride her till she dies! Nearly hitting 20,000 miles and only a year and 1-1/2 month old!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Most modern day, automobile and motorcycle, engines have a design goal of 100k miles minimum. Many such engines may run double or triple that figure. And, many of these vehicles, will not have extraordinary maintenance, or even use synthetic lubricants, either!

My guess is most VTX owners/riders will, for one reason or another, sell, trade, or otherwise get rid of "their" VTX in 3 to 5 years. Many, of these VTXs, will likely have less than 10k miles at the time of disposal.

I for one will be lusting for the next incarnation of the X, with fuel injection.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I'm going for at least 100K. I keep vehicles a long time so 10K at the time of disposal is out of the question.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
My '71 Chevy Carryall has over 250,000 miles on her, and my '88 Ford Festiva has 213,000 miles on it and I predict my X will outlast either of them cause I take care of it! 8)

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
supra1 said:
I'm going for at least 100K. I keep vehicles a long time so 10K at the time of disposal is out of the question.
Here, here.... I've had mine for under 5 months, and I already have 8000 miles on it. I better sell it in the next month. LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
I honestly think the bike is more than capable of lasting more than 200K with only minor maintenance done on it.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Man, I hope my 1800C lasts more than 100.000 miles!! My 1998 Chevy Cavalier (bought new) just rolled over 193,365.8 miles today on the California freeway system. Nothing done to the car except one new set of new tires and shocks at 113,000 miles and a coulple of sets of brakes. It is the best car I have ever owned!!!!. It got ~37 mpg for the first 150,00 miles and now get ~33 mpg. Not bad!!!

I expect my X to last at least 100,000 miles. I change the oil and filter every 4,000 miles and do other maintenance as required.

Joe T.
Newhall, CA

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Jerry P said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts