Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on the VTX Resonators on my 05S model and noticed shortly that there were exhaust leaks where the resonators slide on the header pipe. The bolt holes lined up OK so I figured the resonators were all the way in, they would have to be, but still had leaks on both of them. They sounded good but you can put your hand back behind the pipes at the cut out and feel the leak. It was also turning my chrome swingarm cover with exhaust stains. I like the resonators,we all know whos they are, just want some info on how to fix the problem,had to put the stock HK3 baffles back in to protect the swingarm cover....

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
cybrhick said:
Always contact the manufacturer first for a solution.
I hope you're not suggesting nivensid did something wrong, by posting the problems he was having with the product he bought. Members reads the board for exactly this type of information. If there's a potential issue with a product related to our bikes, I for one want to know about it! As long as the information posted is factual, and it includes the supplier/manufacturer's remedial action (or lack thereof) I see no foul in what nivensid has done...

Always contact the manufacturer first for a solution is not part of the board owner's rules...

Floodgates 8)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have notified the manufacturer, very easy to do business with him. I am sending the old resonators back and a new set will be mailed out. That being said,I still dont understand the problem to begin with,everything fit good and installation was very fast.
I want to make one thing clear,I do not want to shed a bad light on this product or the manufacturer. Love the product and will continue to use them....Bill

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
Floodgates said:
cybrhick said:
I hope you're not suggesting nivensid did something wrong, by posting the problems he was having with the product he bought. Members reads the board for exactly this type of information. If there's a potential issue with a product related to our bikes, I for one want to know about it! As long as the information posted is factual, and it includes the supplier/manufacturer's remedial action (or lack thereof) I see no foul, in what nivensid as done...

Always contact the manufacturer first for a solution is not part of the board owner's rules...

Floodgates 8)
Not at all suggesting that he did anything wrong. What I meant by my post is always take it back to the source. If there is a problem with a product, getting the part replaced always beats modifying a brand new part. If you buy something new, you expect it to fit and function. Don't mod it before giving the manufacturer the oportunity to get you the proper part. That is al I wa saying and nothing more.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
cybrhick said:
Floodgates said:
cybrhick said:
I hope you're not suggesting nivensid did something wrong, by posting the problems he was having with the product he bought. Members reads the board for exactly this type of information. If there's a potential issue with a product related to our bikes, I for one want to know about it! As long as the information posted is factual, and it includes the supplier/manufacturer's remedial action (or lack thereof) I see no foul, in what nivensid as done...

Floodgates 8)
Not at all suggesting that he did anything wrong. What I meant by my post is always take it back to the source. If there is a problem with a product, getting the part replaced always beats modifying a brand new part. If you buy something new, you expect it to fit and function. Don't mod it before giving the manufacturer the oportunity to get you the proper part. That is al I wa saying and nothing more.
Thanks for clarifying that...

Floodgates 8)

·
Registered
905 Posts
cybrhick said:
Floodgates said:
cybrhick said:

Floodgates 8)
Now that you guys cleared that up, I just want to add that there is something wrong with my CTR, which I got from a fellow board member. :shock: Here's the thing: It was a simple quick install, and it seems to be hooked up right, but I can't feel my clutch lever anymore, the resistance is almost all gone. The clutch seems to function properly, but my hand doesn't cramp up in traffic anymore, what's wrong with this thing? :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, nivensid, I'm sure you'll get it all worked out shortly. The venders on this site are all top notch guys, and will do everything they can to help their customers.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
Floodgates said:
cybrhick said:

Floodgates 8)
Now that you guys cleared that up, I just want to add that there is something wrong with my CTR, which I got from a fellow board member. :shock: Here's the thing: It was a simple quick install, and it seems to be hooked up right, but I can't feel my clutch lever anymore, the resistance is almost all gone. The clutch seems to function properly, but my hand doesn't cramp up in traffic anymore, what's wrong with this thing? :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, nivensid, I'm sure you'll get it all worked out shortly. The venders on this site are all top notch guys, and will do everything they can to help their customers.
:lol:

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
b.hartman said:
cybrhick said:
Floodgates said:
cybrhick said:

Floodgates 8)

Did you get the 50hp or 100hp model? 8)

I did notice on another set of HK 3s that they were slightly different than mine where the baffle hooked into the head pipe...by about 1/8..give or take. Just a thought too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.