Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering why some of the latest VTX reviews have been subpar and not very favorable.

I personally Love my VTX. Are these new big bikes that are getting all the rants and raves that much better?

Or are the reviewers Honda Haters?

Just curious... :roll:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
IMO it is a latest and greatist type of thing. Like you I love my X. It has treated me well and everyone I know that rides or owns a X loves their bike. What better review can be said by the rider than some dude that is paid to ride a different bike everyday. How do you really know unless you ride everyday.
I do know someone who bought an 05 R and did not like it, but let me finish. He also had a wing and he likes to do cross country with his wife. His words were, "I thought we would enjoy the hwy more on a different bike. Just to change things up a little." He still has his X but it is his one up bike now. I see and ride with him on a regular basis. Nice bike. Bone stock with exception of the seat.

Moon

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
I was watching "Powerblock" TV Saturday,and they had a short review of the new X,which was more of a commercial ..(Honda was a sponsor of the show)..They raved about the power (which they listed as 106 HP stock),handling,and overall styling....It was pretty cool to see..

G

·
Like BadMoon says, it is the latest and greatest mentality. The VTX is 5 years old (mol) now, and even VTX owners are looking for changes. Other bikes/manufacturers have newer/different styles, and that gives them the nod from most reviewers, IMO.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
KenzX said:
Like BadMoon says, it is the latest and greatest mentality. The VTX is 5 years old (mol) now, and even VTX owners are looking for changes. Other bikes/manufacturers have newer/different styles, and that gives them the nod from most reviewers, IMO.

Like anything else,the novelty kind of wears off a bit,but then comes the emotional attachment of adventures,and time spent riding her....A lot of
parallels to women if you think about it....

G

·
aardvark said:
KenzX said:

Like anything else,the novelty kind of wears off a bit,but then comes the emotional attachment of adventures,and time spent riding her....A lot of
parallels to women if you think about it....
Tis true, so true...except my bike doesn't object to me looking at other MCs in magazines, or taking test rides. And accessories for my wife tend to be more expensive than those for my bike. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I can stll remember all complaining that went on with no after market items on these bikes. Now that we have them it's now time to trade for something else. My second X, I like um :)

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Only review thats worth a damn is your own....so who cares what some mag thinks??

Hope they continue to trash it.....see too many of em now anyways. Less demand = cheaper prices when I get another one. :lol:

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Poison said:
Only review thats worth a damn is your own....so who cares what some mag thinks??

Hope they continue to trash it.....see too many of em now anyways. Less demand = cheaper prices when I get another one. :lol:
+1

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
Remember, other than the facts (specs, 1/4mi. times, braking distance, etc.) the rest of a magazine review is simply someones opinion. Read the specs, test ride one, and then make your own decision. I ride the worst (according to the mags) 1000cc sport bike made in '03 and I think it's great!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
LOL, just keep holding my breath for the 2008s.

Hopefully by the time I have my settlement in from the wreck which killed my 2003, they should have made the announcment in september... I am hoping they knock our socks off (and come out with some decent colors)

The last year they released a decent stock red was 2005, and the Spec3 1800Rs are getting damn hard to come by new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.