Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added 4/11/2005!!!! You guys seem to think I'm doing something special, well I'm here to tell you it's not just me. It's all of us, the people donating, the others that have helped out with even just kind words (don't take that Just thing wrong, kind words mean a lot to me, and I'm sure everyone else involved).

But RicksterVTX1300C has really stepped it up a notch (How's Emeril say it? Oh yeah BAM!!!) Check this out!!!

http://www.VTXRidersFund.com

He's been working on this (and to me looks like hard), now we're going to have some really cool stuff. Here are some PMs he sent me about this:

RicksterVTX1300C said:
Bruce,

We are up and running with the www.VTXRidersFund.com

Post it for all to see! This is awesome!!!

Rickster
RicksterVTX1300C said:
Bruce,

What is your personal email address.. In a day or so the www.VTXridersfund.com will automatically go to the donate page and I will then sent up an email address...how about [email protected] that forwards to your personal email. Once I send a test email thru to it and you get it, you can add [email protected] to the paypal account you have set up (you can have 6 emails for payment to a business account). Then I will change the website to reflect this new email address...

Thanks

Rick
IMHO This is just awesome, looks like we're getting setup to do this again, lets hope it just sits there unused.

VTX Riders Fund is setup (at least for now, if anyone has a problem with what I've done we'll get something else, just couldn't stand it any longer)

Ok, I just couldn't stand it and I took it on myself and set up a checking account at Washington Mutual and then set up a Paypal account to use.

If anyone has a problem with this we can work it out as we go, I don't want to piss anyone off, this is supposed to be a good thing.

Paypay account is setup as a business account that way people can use debit or credit, now paypal will take a small fee but with $2.00 here $5.00 there it won't be much from each person and I figured it would be best that way people new to paypal wouldn't have to jump thru hoops just to give a few bucks.

[email protected] is the email address I setup for this, but the business name I used was VTX riders fund. It'll take a few days before the bank and paypal are working together (you remember, paypal deposits 2 deposits into the bank account for a few cents then you verify in paypal) but by the time it's all worked out it'll all be good.

If you don't have a paypal account it is a snap to set one up, just go to https://www.paypal.com/ click on the link that says Join Paypal today and it walks you thru it, easy. If you just want to send me a check I'll deposit it into this account and then the funds will go to the selected person. Please put the logon name of the person the funds are meant to go to in the notes that way if there is more than one person I can make sure your funds go to the person you want them to.

I'm only posting this here (1300 board) for now just to see how well this goes, but if you think it should go else where (1800 board, general board or what ever) ether post something yourself or let me know.

I've already started the ball, who'll be next to pick it up and run with it?

Peace

By the way, I plan on doing my very best to give you bank and paypal balances so you know that all moneys are going where they should and not on bling for the bike.

If anyone has a problem with what I’ve done lets talk it out, and the first person to get an award from this fund I think should be jdcook72. I liked PepsX’s idea about collecting for a week and then that money goes to the selected person so unless someone else comes up with something better send your donations to [email protected] and what ever is in there next Friday is his, I will need an address to send the check to but we can work that stuff out in the end.

Peace.

Edit:

Ok now we're coming together on this another member "RicksterVTX1300C" made a website for this and it's great, take a look!!

http://www.graduatetech.com/vtxrf/index.htm

I'll keep you updated on a total after I get off work, I'm starting to let things fall thru the cracks[/url]

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I have had an active paypal account for some time now. Let us know when everything is up and running and you can count on me to chip in. This is an admirable thing you've started and, if all goes well, then it can be moved to the other boards, but they will always know it was the 1300 guys that got it going. :D

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cody450 said:
I have had an active paypal account for some time now. Let us know when everything is up and running and you can count on me to chip in. This is an admirable thing you've started and, if all goes well, then it can be moved to the other boards, but they will always know it was the 1300 guys that got it going. :D
Its ready to fly paypal to [email protected]. Lets keep this to the top so no one miss's it.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just so you know how it works:

Because of the type of paypal account I setup for this (Business, so people can pay with a credit card, makes it easier for everyone, but more so on the "new to paypal" users) paypal takes a small fee for this. I've received two payments into the account so far one for $2.00 paypal took $0.36 and one for $5.00 paypal took $0.45. I know it sucks that not all of it is going into the fund but really, this is the best way (IMHO) to do it. If the majority disagree I can set up a personal account (can't have a business name, can't use debit or credit cards) there would be no charge for that type of account. I don't care one way or the other so give me feed back you like what I've done, or man you suck. I can take it cause I get the "man you suck" thing a lot.

G

·
0 Posts
I like this idea. God know's I've spent enough on Chrome and Plastic Chrome. I like Paypal also. I stay stick with it.

How about if the people who are willing to donate take the fee into account. What I'm saying is.....If you want to donate $2.00, send $2.50. If you want to do $5, send $6.

Think of it like it's a service charge, like postage or handling.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
coley said:
I like this idea. God know's I've spent enough on Chrome and Plastic Chrome. I like Paypal also. I stay stick with it.

How about if the people who are willing to donate take the fee into account. What I'm saying is.....If you want to donate $2.00, send $2.50. If you want to do $5, send $6.

Good thought in theory, however, the more you donate, the greater the fee so you would never really catch up. Hey, Paypal has to make a nickel here and there and face it, if word gets out about this and more and more people start donating it's still gonna be a chunk of change! :) 8)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that the full amount they were donating wasn't going into the fund and that I'm not skimming to add more bling to the bike. Just trying to be above board on this, no surprises.

G

·
0 Posts
Cody450 said:
coley said:

Good thought in theory, however, the more you donate, the greater the fee so you would never really catch up. Hey, Paypal has to make a nickel here and there and face it, if word gets out about this and more and more people start donating it's still gonna be a chunk of change! :) 8)

Good in theory??.....Look at the numbers again. They will take their fee and there will be more than $2 and $5 left.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
I like it....nice and simple. Do it for a week - donate or dont :lol:

All the proceeds are for jdcook72 this time around, correct?
Hows he doing anyways - anyone know?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pöi§ön said:
I like it....nice and simple. Do it for a week - donate or dont :lol:

All the proceeds are for jdcook72 this time around, correct?
Hows he doing anyways - anyone know?
As usual Pöi§ön you're spot on and I PM'd Twodogs for a report on his condition.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Nice job Bruce...Thank you

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
my first thought is "Bruce, your skimming to paint the bike black like i know you want to"
but i do know how paypal works and how Bruce dont work and he aint skimming.
Im IN like i promised for double.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cody450 sent me a cool excel spreadsheet to help keep track of payments, if you guys don't mind, when sending your payments in add your screen name and it will help me track better.

Peace.

PS Isn't Dan funny? Paint my bike black, now thats funny!! :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry all ready sent $ will send you more when I setup my new bank account information . Shouldn't take long. Should we post a Closing Date or Please respond by No later than Date. Or just keep it open.

Thanks Bruce,

Randy

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Malachi said:
Sorry all ready sent $ will send you more when I setup my new bank account information . Shouldn't take long. Should we post a Closing Date or Please respond by No later than Date. Or just keep it open.

Thanks Bruce,

Randy
See, now we're talking here, good one, I just mentioned (actually someone who shall remain anonymous, mentioned it to me first, the real person behind this idea) that collect for a week, but I like the closing date or post no later than thing.

Please make your donations no later than 12:00PM PST (sorry, I’m on the west coast!!) 4/15/2005.

I’m really starting to enjoy what I’m seeing here!!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
ok, let me get this straight, too much lacqure thinnner today.
you want us to email you a commitment and when you get paypal set up we transfer? when i click on the email link i can only send and email and no actual way to send or transfer money. just want to be clear. in more ways than one.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Sorry Bruce I sent some already

1 - 20 of 197 Posts