Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just finished mine also. Have some finished pics on 1300 board need to change signature though. Stupid question since I did not think doing mine. Did you run the second headlight off another circuit or add a relay? I run on the same circuit with no relay and fried the starter switch.

yea same circuit, it did melt the switch but i fixed it and added more grease for now, if it gives me more fits. thanks for the iputs and comment

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here is a video with better instruction on what I did, hope it helps, any other questions are always welcome, and if needed I will make another video. also you can see other bikes me and my buddy have done we buy and flip bikes, but this VTX is my baby.. oh and if you dont mind subscribe to the channel thanks.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
yea same circuit, it did melt the switch but i fixed it and added more grease for now, if it gives me more fits. thanks for the iputs and comment
Without adding a relay or something to take the load off the start/stop switch it is not a matter of if but more when. I thought this was a VTX 1800 issue not 1300, but have since learned it pretty much plaques ALL honda motorcycles.

·
Registered
595 Posts
great looking ride

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Without adding a relay or something to take the load off the start/stop switch it is not a matter of if but more when. I thought this was a VTX 1800 issue not 1300, but have since learned it pretty much plaques ALL honda motorcycles.[/QUOT

thats next on my to do list, i already had a issue, i might just straight wire them , or relay have to look into it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.