Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 vtx1800s. Have completed all the basic mods: pair valve, ground fix, fuel Manager, drag pipes, and air intake.
Runs great.
A buddy at work has a bone stock 2015 Indian chieftain with the 111 Thunderstroke.
He seems to be convinced that my X doesn't stand a chance in a 1/4 mile drag against his indian.
I personally feel like the X would take it. But, he wont line em up.
Any thoughts on the comparison?

Registered
apples to oranges..

your bike new is $10,000 less. to the 23K Indian.
Honda 3 valve overhead cam
Indian 2 valve pushrod.
Indian is heavier.

Indian has belt drive.. so 10 percent less gear drag.

I call it a WASH.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Get us a picture when you do the drag race; we're all wondering what you'll be wearing.
:geek: 馃槇
apples to oranges..

your bike new is $10,000 less. to the 23K Indian.
Honda 3 valve overhead cam
Indian 2 valve pushrod.
Indian is heavier.

Indian has belt drive.. so 10 percent less gear drag.

I call it a WASH.
Yeah...I understand that they are two completely different bikes... but, I'm just curious as to what the Indians run on a 1/4 compared to a VTX.
Just a friendly pissing contest at work. My friend has a hard time believing that my 5k$ Honda can run with his 25k$ indian.
Thanks for the reply. I do appreciate it.

Registered

Old Goat
I see nothing similar in bikes except 2 wheels....run a race all questions will be answered...then move on...good luck

Registered
That's pretty much how I feel about it. Hopefully if me and the boys at work keep harassing him enough he might line em up with me.
1/4 mile times are in the links I provided above. for both bikes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11

with 1/4 mile times

vtx1800 1/4 mile times
Thank you! This is what I was looking for. I do appreciate it.
Looks to me like the X has better times on the 1/4.... just like I assumed. Thanks again!

Registered

Registered
I have a 2003 vtx1800s. Have completed all the basic mods: pair valve, ground fix, fuel Manager, drag pipes, and air intake.
Runs great.
A buddy at work has a bone stock 2015 Indian chieftain with the 111 Thunderstroke.
He seems to be convinced that my X doesn't stand a chance in a 1/4 mile drag against his indian.
I personally feel like the X would take it. But, he wont line em up.
Any thoughts on the comparison?

This might help!

Registered
They definitely arent similar bikes.
The comparison I was looking for was 1/4 times... Just a friendly debate between buddies at work.
Bet the FARM on the Honda.

Registered
Reactions: Mr.Milk82

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Bet the FARM on the Honda.
Yes sir! That's pretty much what I've been thinking. I told him this morning that I've got a crisp 100$ on it... He laughed and said "he couldn't take my money". Lol
Hes my buddy, but I'll gladly take his whenever he is ready.

Old Goat
It is the rider, not the machine. It helps, but 1 missed shift, one mistake. LOSER>...
Exactly...back in the day I had a 289 4 speed mustang fastback... my buddy had same setup,except his was a box top...winner was determined by who had the fewest beers...And least missed shifts...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts