Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't understand the whole desire for belt drives. If the VTX had a belt on it I probably would not have taken it home with me. I like the no maintaince factor involved in the shaft, and the comfort of having it on my bike.

George

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
The C model will w/o a doubt smoke the V2k. Aside from that the Kaw is a nice bike. Just kinda too big.

·
Registered
453 Posts
gstanfield said:
I don't understand the whole desire for belt drives. If the VTX had a belt on it I probably would not have taken it home with me. I like the no maintaince factor involved in the shaft, and the comfort of having it on my bike.

George
yep, shaft drive all the way cause it will last as long as the bike.

as far as the comparo goes, not much difference in performance there cause the power to weight ratios are close for the vn and X. roadie is not as powerful but you have about 3500 bucks left to spend.

so it all comes down to which one looks better to one self and the amount of money one can spend.

G

·
0 Posts
gstanfield said:

George
I guess for me it is just a cleaner look....

·
Registered
29 Posts
what i like about the belt drive is that you can swap out front or rear sprockets for your specific use...youd be surprised what a 1-tooth-down in the front can do for your bike out of the hoole..very nice...a belt is pretty maintinence free as much as a shaft drive is...i find that most people that say that are ususally the ones that take thier bikes to the dealer for an oil change :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fantastic find! I love reading side by side comparisons. I'm glad they liked the Honda but the only thing that counts is that I like the bike. After all the bikes I've had, this is by far my favorite. (it better be. I spent a small fortune on it)

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you look at the pics, there is a Harley in the backgroud. I wonder why it isn't included in the compairison?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts