Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spec 3 and Ncountyline, I also know how both of you are feeling and to be totally disappointed after several conversations with the sellers prior to meeting up. Been there and done both before but that will never happen to me again. The last time was when I notified the guy that I was on the way to check out the bike only to be told upon arrival that it was sold. He didn't even have the nerve to tell me himself but sent his daughter to tell me. So receiving a confirmation via text or email is a must with me now before going anywhere to purchase something. Just words for thought.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Supposed to meet with a potential buyer for my 2 black 1800 C fenders, next week. C.O.D. A 2 hr. + drive. If he doesn't show, I have a friend who lives nearby I can have a nice visit. Eventually someone will realize what a deal it is and take me up on it.

·
Registered
2002 VTX 1800C
5 Posts
when i am buying something, not just a motorcycle but i'll use that as an example. i look for more info in the pics. i like to see the garage, the condition, are things hanging or is there junk all over the floor. i look at the house and or the yard if it's in the photo. i look at the way the item was shot; any out of focus pictures is a move on signal. i like the vital info upfront. i don't know how many ads on Facebook (for ex.) do not include CCs, condition of tires, or MILEAGE. the recent bike i bought looked good, guy came right back with info. i drove 120 miles but the bike was sold when i pulled in the driveway. it was as described and all the other boxes were checked.
I do the same thing with every online picture of an item for sale. Most people don't sell or market items for a living so it becomes evident quickly. On the same note you can also spot the people that market for a living.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Where is the happy ending? I was expecting a good news story at this point.
Well, as for my previous post, I met with the fella , he got his fenders, I got what I asked for, then visited with my friend, and went home.

Reactions: Merry Prankster

·
Registered
2009 Honda VTX1300C
5,445 Posts
I like the ads where the bike is sitting outside, with wet concrete and suds still there from a well deserved wash. A big tarp is tossed off to one side.

"Virtually showroom condition", the ad says.

Me? Why yes, I DO know what "Virtually showroom condition" actually means.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive design

We once drove from St Louis to Chicago to buy a bike that was "like new"
Evidently, the seller posted pictures of a different bike because this one looked like salvage.

Another "like new" bike looked as if it had never spent a day covered from the weather. What COULD be rusted WAS rusted.

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
238 Posts
I like the ads where the bike is sitting outside, with wet concrete and suds still there from a well deserved wash. A big tarp is tossed off to one side.

"Virtually showroom condition", the ad says.

Me? Why yes, I DO know what "Virtually showroom condition" actually means.

View attachment 211575

We once drove from St Louis to Chicago to buy a bike that was "like new"
Evidently, the seller posted pictures of a different bike because this one looked like salvage.

Another "like new" bike looked as if it had never spent a day covered from the weather. What COULD be rusted WAS rusted.
Always loved the look of the road star and Stratoliner.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts