Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if the VTX1300 pipes will fit the Honda Fury, CyberHick and I seem to think so, but I dont want to get my hopes up and order some and not be able to use them.. Currently, I cannot find any aftermarket exhaust manufacturers that make pipes for the Fury.

Anyone in the Houston area with aftermarket pipes on their 1300C model willing to try them out on my Fury???
I know, probably a pain in the ass.....

;)

·
Sith Lord
4,918 Posts
check the spacing at the ports...it looks the same to me from what I've seen then just fab a bracket if you need to for the rear mount.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I think it might be easier to get a set of stock 1300c pipes for a fitting. Many 1300c owners have them just sitting in the garage collecting dust. I sold my perfect set for $40 to get rid of them. I'll give you a good idea if it would work or not.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea guys, I'm gonna look to find a cheap set of stocks, I'm sure a bracket can be fabricated, cybrhick will help me with that.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am curious if the VTX1300 pipes will fit the Honda Fury, CyberHick and I seem to think so, but I dont want to get my hopes up and order some and not be able to use them.. Currently, I cannot find any aftermarket exhaust manufacturers that make pipes for the Fury.

Anyone in the Houston area with aftermarket pipes on their 1300C model willing to try them out on my Fury???
I know, probably a pain in the ass.....

;)
with enough know how or $$ anything can fit.. .LOL ... I am not sure since I dont know the engine specs for the fury yet.. but the important part is knowing if they fit the jugs .. if they fit at the jugs it just a matter of fabbing brackets to hold them up.. good luck :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Great idea guys, I'm gonna look to find a cheap set of stocks, I'm sure a bracket can be fabricated, cybrhick will help me with that.

I have the stockers for a C-model in my garage. I would be glad to let you try them. Just let me know. I live about 20 minutes from you in Pearland.

Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, my experiment with the pipe on my fury didn't work. The pipes fit, but they would need a bracket fabricated to mount them. I just took out the baffles on mine for now until someone can make them correctly.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
well, my experiment with the pipe on my fury didn't work. The pipes fit, but they would need a bracket fabricated to mount them. I just took out the baffles on mine for now until someone can make them correctly.
Brackets are a formality.

·
Registered
321 Posts
how hard would it be to have someone make a bracket? and if you were to buy say a set of pipes that eliminate the bracket would that meake a difference .. isn't there a set of pipes for X's that does not use the stock bracket..

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
how hard would it be to have someone make a bracket? and if you were to buy say a set of pipes that eliminate the bracket would that meake a difference .. isn't there a set of pipes for X's that does not use the stock bracket..
Fabbing a bracket is not a big deal. But you don't want to run pipee without a bracket as the entire weight of the pipe would be sssupported by only the head bolts. NOT GOOD.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Fabbing a bracket is not a big deal. But you don't want to run pipee without a bracket as the entire weight of the pipe would be sssupported by only the head bolts. NOT GOOD.
I didn't mean with out a bracket.. like my last set of pipes I did away with the sotick bracket and they mad a bracket on the pipes that went straight the bolts that held the bracket to the frame.. to support it..worked great..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
F

·
0 Posts
Depending on the heatshields on the pipe closest to the seat, it might have to be modified to fit against the side panel.. Its awfully close...

I have my eye on a few sets, but just dont want to shell out the dough and them not fit or mount up properly..
Here is the ones I like..

http://mortonscustom.com/x-factorlarge.html

http://mortonscustom.com/downoutlar.html

Just dont know how they would mount up!!!
X-factors definitely will look nice on the F. :agree:

·
Registered
24 Posts
After market pipes for Fury

I just bought mine thursday and the dealer had been contacted by Vance and Hines they were looking for a Fury to use for R&D pipes. They are picking mine up tomorrow to do a mock up and I will get a free set of pipes once they start production. I own a Magna 750, VTX 1800 R & a 78 Road King and I really like this Fury, great power, smooth ride awesome looks great price and a real eye catcher. Its worth every dime

Booyaa

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drilled out the baffle and removed the catalyst yesterday and now my fury sounds awesome and has a little bit more juice.I was thinking of getting some aftermarket pipes but now I got the sound I wanted out of the stock ones so I`m gonna just stay with what I got.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If anybody wants to do the same all its a pretty simple job.Just remove the 2 bolts from the bottom of the pipes that connects to the brace below the swingarm.Then loosen the 2 pipe clamps on the front of the silencer and pull em off.now you need a drill ,a half inch bit and 1 inch hole saw.take a flashlight and look into the back of the silencer and you see 2 small holes this is the baffle now take your half inch bit and drill it out,you might need a long set of needle nose to get the baffle out when it comes loose.Then take a flash light and look into the otherside and you will see like a honeycomb mesh looking stuff this is the catalyst.Now take your hole saw and cut this stuff out,becarefull not to mess up the crush ring around the pipe clamp.When you get this good and drilled out you will be able to see right through the muffler now.Now what you want to do do is slap that bad boy back on and fire it up and be amazed at how good she sounds.peace out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts