Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am 6'6" / 35" inseam / 300 lbs and a new rider. I'm trying to figure out which VTX1300 model would fit me best.

I know the C model's drag bar would give me more reach, than the R/S model's pullback bars.

Would the legroom be much different, between the C model's pegs and the R/S model's floorboards?

From what I can gather, from lurking on the forum, there are forward control options for both pegs and floorboards.

Thank you for the help,
Rich

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm 6' and the C bars stretch me enough that I've put some risers on it to bring the bars back to me a bit. For leg room, I installed some Kury highway pegs so that when I'm on the highway I can stretch out. I can even place my feet on top of the pegs.

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
6'5". 270lbs here. 36" inseam.

No issues with either.

I've added cruiser pegs and a mustang seat to really get it dialed in how I want it, but it was fine stock too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
6'4 , 280 here and have a 1300 c with cruise mounts and floor boards. No problems for me to stretch out and relax. Had the r/s bars when bought it. Changed to factory c bars and was better for me. And ride 2up most of the time. But also added a mustang seat. Good luck with whatever u decide

Sent from my iPhone using my big thumbs onTapatalk

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I like this board cause I'm 6' and 220 and I'm the little guy :shock:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I ride with c bars for the look more than comfort. I've tried the r bars and they are more comfortable imo, but don't dig the look. I do get some discomfort in the right shoulder on long rides, but hoping my new backrest and throttle lock will help that. Btw I'm 6'3" with long arms so the extra reach is no problem for me and like I said it's about look for me.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
i would rather have the r for the bars and floor boards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all of the feedback.

I really appreciate it. Looks like floorboards, on the R, S or modified C are the most popular choice.

The C's drag bars give more reach, so I am a little surprised by how many people like the R/S's pull back bars. I was even thinking of mini-apes, to give even more reach.

Thanks again,
Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts