Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we got the Metzeler 260 (9 7/8 wide) on the VTX1300C last night and it looked good and it felt good. Today we got the Dunlop Elite 3 250 (10 inches wide) on the bike. I rode it home and it was smooth.

The bike rode straight with my hands off of the bars, no crabbing, no nothing.

So at least for a day the VTX1300 has gone someplace that its bigger brother has never been. 260 and 250 all in one day.

Sorry I don't have any photos tonight but my camera battery was dead. So I will post some pics tomorrow. But I just couldn't let this historic moment pass without mentioning it.

P.S. I have to give most of the credit to Drew who works in our office. He does most of the wrench turning on these projects and for being a 21 year old kid he has really matured working on this stuff. I would put him up against anyone for his understanding of the drive system of a VTX. I am just glad he is on our team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you could get Drew working on that soft-tail kit for the 1300!
That would be great!
We actually talked about this today. Its on his list. We have two bikes to get ready for next week and then its the softail kit for the VTX1300. It won't take long as the only part we have to do is make the new engine mounts and send them to Rob at Brown County so he can add them to the kit.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Maybe you could get Drew working on that soft-tail kit for the 1300!
That would be great!
We actually talked about this today. Its on his list. We have two bikes to get ready for next week and then its the softail kit for the VTX1300. It won't take long as the only part we have to do is make the new engine mounts and send them to Rob at Brown County so he can add them to the kit.
Hey Hal, its not supposed to be "on his list" its supposed to be ON MY BIKE :twisted: ...you gotta hurry up my wife hates me when I'm stuck waiting for something I want

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if I don't have the 2 bikes done next week I could face a serious butt kicking from someone who is much bigger than me. So you see its really all about self preservation. Plus I like to wait until the last minute.

·
Registered
816 Posts
i'm in for a 1300 softail kit too :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts