Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got the Metzeler 260 (9 7/8 wide) on the VTX1300C last night and it looked good and it felt good. Today we got the Dunlop Elite 3 250 (10 inches wide) on the bike. I rode it home and it was smooth.

The bike rode straight with my hands off of the bars, no crabbing, no nothing.

So at least for a day the VTX1300 has gone someplace that its bigger brother has never been. 260 and 250 all in one day.

Sorry I don't have any photos tonight but my camera battery was dead. So I will post some pics tomorrow. But I just couldn't let this historic moment pass without mentioning it.

P.S. I have to give most of the credit to Drew who works in our office. He does most of the wrench turning on these projects and for being a 21 year old kid he has really matured working on this stuff. I would put him up against anyone for his understanding of the drive system of a VTX. I am just glad he is on our team.

·
Registered
572 Posts
All hail the mighty 1300!!!!!!!!!

see even hal knows the 1300 rocks!!!!!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see even hal knows the 1300 rocks!!!!!!
I have said several times that I like it more than the 1800. However on a windy day I do prefer the 1800. It has more mass and doesn't get thrown around as much.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I dont know about that Hal, on windy days I get thrown around pretty good especially on the highways and Lord knows I add enough mass to the bike as well. Then again, maybe its my mass (6'3" 350) that helps the wind push me around so easily! (I make a nice big sail for the wind to hit!)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Glad the 1300 finally got its day in the sun. Now, we can go back to the 1800 being the King the other 364 days of the year! Big tires dont make it go no faster, give it more power, or make it King of anything. Just, all show and, still, no go! :twisted:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad the 1300 finally got its day in the sun. Now, we can go back to the 1800 being the King the other 364 days of the year! Big tires dont make it go no faster, give it more power, or make it King of anything. Just, all show and, still, no go!
Oh but a big tire does make it look cool. And isn't that all we care about?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Hook said:
Glad the 1300 finally got its day in the sun. Now, we can go back to the 1800 being the King the other 364 days of the year! Big tires dont make it go no faster, give it more power, or make it King of anything. Just, all show and, still, no go! :twisted:
That's a small minded attitude :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hal,

Now it's time to hang a supercharger on the side of the 1.3.... make the tires work for a living....

bill

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where's the pics? :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did someone steal them? Where did they go? Who keeps removing my photos?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As promised here are the photos from the setup that we installed last night. The bike really rides nice. Although the Dunlop has a flatter arc to the tire and it does feel different than the Metzeler 260. With the flatter arc you would probably tend to use more of the width of the tire than you would with the Metzeler. The Dunlop looks like it would have more contact with the road. I don't know if that is good or bad.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Great looking Setup... way to go Guy's!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts