Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is probably one of those questions that tells everyone else you are more of a geek than a grease monkey, but here goes.

What size spark plugs does the VTX1300 engine have?

I am trying to find a spark plug wrench to stick in my tool kit.

Thanks.

OhioBob

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
16mm I think but the only one that worked for me is the one that came with the bike. Any of the ones that are in my socket sets don't fit because the socket wall is too thick.

Cheers

Jthree

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
5/8 plug socket works fine for me.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I will try a 5/8 spark plug wrench. Wait, you got a spark plug wrench with your bike. All I got in my bike kit was (2) allen wrenches, (1) screwdriver, (1) wrench. Piece of crack head dealerships.

I am going to contact them and see if they will set me up with a better tool kit.

Thanks again to all.

OhioBob

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got an allen wrench and a double sided open ended wrench, and a cheesy screw driver the allen fits the seat the screw driver striped and the open end wrench don't fit anything! :shock:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Pep-Boys automotive has a 5/8" plug wrench that is 5" long. It will accept either a 3/4" wrench or 3/8" socket for turning :idea: . It is great for turning the plugs in by hand to prevent cross threading :roll: . I keep one in my tool box and one in my saddle bag. Just like the chrome look I guess :lol: .

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I spoke with the dealer expecting them to honor the customer with a better tool kit than what came with my bike.

Boy was I wrong. The dealer said Honda has been getting cheap with their tool kits.

So, to make a long story short I ended up paying for the spark plug wrench and the shock adjustment wrench...but at least it is official Honda.

LOL

OhioBob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts