Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking to replace their internal tank fuel pump, you can get pumps off ebay that are exact copies and direct replacements for the Denso 195130 pumps that Honda installed at the factory.

Search Ebay for E8229 many sellers selling for under $20 shipped.

Reused all of my original parts except for the retainer clip

Bosch/carquest makes a direct replacement also you can get at your local auto parts store Model #69496 (just over $100)

You can get the exact same Denso model 195130 on the internet for around $120 I believe.

Physically the ebay pumps are exactly the same. No problems with output/performance after 1000 miles. For $20 you can't go wrong, even if you have to replace it once or twice.

My vids:
Part 1
Part 2

Would have shown the actual install, but didn't have someone around to hold the camera.

The Fuel Filter cartridge on the assembly looks standard also. If anyone knows the model # for a cheap direct replacement, it would make a good addition to this post.

Good reference- Sticky perhaps?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just purchased one. Many people have tried to find the canister fuel filter aftermarket - no direct replacements that I know of - but probably several that can by used in a pinch. Mainly just a matter of length and diameter to fit in the clamp on the pick-up arm. I just keep a spare Honda OEM filter.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Anyone looking to replace their internal tank fuel pump, you can get pumps off ebay that are exact copies and direct replacements for the Denso 195130 pumps that Honda installed at the factory.

Search Ebay for E8229 many sellers selling for under $20 shipped.

Reused all of my original parts except for the retainer clip

Bosch/carquest makes a direct replacement also you can get at your local auto parts store Model #69496 (just over $100)

You can get the exact same Denso model 195130 on the internet for around $120 I believe.

Physically the ebay pumps are exactly the same. No problems with output/performance after 1000 miles. For $20 you can't go wrong, even if you have to replace it once or twice.

My vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gbna_kop60 Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxY2eizuhjg Part 2

Would have shown the actual install, but didn't have someone around to hold the camera.

The Fuel Filter cartridge on the assembly looks standard also. If anyone knows the model # for a cheap direct replacement, it would make a good addition to this post.

Good reference- Sticky perhaps?
Keep us updated as time goes on.

Thanks for the info. Just purchased one. Many people have tried to find the canister fuel filter aftermarket - no direct replacements that I know of - but probably several that can by used in a pinch. Mainly just a matter of length and diameter to fit in the clamp on the pick-up arm. I just keep a spare Honda OEM filter.
There is one, but I don't remember the brand nor part #. Lots cheaper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Specifics

I've been getting a lot of PMs about the various pumps that show up under the same model #. All of the sellers have long lists of the various cars that the pumps are for. just ignore all that.

What to look for:
Some of the sellers are claiming lifetime warranty. And some of the kits look like they come with a screen that might work as a replacement for the stock one. I just re-used my stock screen. When it comes down to it, just look at the connector pic(see images attached) and make sure it is a 38mm diameter pump (which they all should be). As you can see by the HUGE lists of compatible cars, this pump is a very common part.

This is the exact item I purchased:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140520426788&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

(I have no affiliation with this seller, it was just the best deal that was close enough that I knew I would get it in time for my weekend ride)

This one is identical in pretty much every way externally, except for the original having a DENSO and Part # etched on connector side.

When you search for E8229 on ebay you will get many sellers and what looks like 2 different styles. One has black plastic and the other has white. The connectors look identical on both. I believe all are 38mm in diameter.

If you're outside the US, there are sellers that will ship anywhere in the world.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,050 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I recently put one in my 2003 1800S...I hope they last a long time...price went up to $30.00 now...
I'm ordering another to carry on long trips...just in case situations...better to have and not need...than to need and not have...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! That video is old. That was my first Youtube Video..... Ever...

Yes, it's still working. They are clones, so expect some one quality control issues, but I'll swap one of these in over dealer price any day of the week.

I'm gonna move that video over to my CruiserDayZ channel as a throw back. I hadn't goty any forum notifications until today.

Corey
Http://www.youtube.com/user/CruiserDayZ

·
Registered
774 Posts
Alternative Fuel pump

I have a 2002 VTX 80C and it looks like the fuel pump is toast, but still need to check some more. Any problems with the alternative pump in your post?

Thanks,
Birdman (Gary Wright

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my fuel pump. Where is it located on an '05 1800F? Call fuses and relays seem to be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. My pump isn't priming at all.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
2005 F has a 20 amp FI, Ignition, Fuel Pump fuse in the right side cover near the black fuse panel.
30 amp Main and FI fuses in left side frame cover near Starter Relay.
Kill switch in RUN position?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the rely folks. I finally found the fuel pump, thanks Spike. I removed the 3 bolts that mount it to the frame and knocked the crap out of it against the frame about 10 times. Hit the key and it primed. Hit the starter and it fired right up. I put everything back together, keeping fingers crossed, hit the key again, primed, fired, hit the road for a short run.
You guys are the best!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts