Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall reading that there was a way to modify rear turn signals on a VTX1800 Retro so that they act as running lights as well but my search didn't find the posting. Since I'm a big fan of being seen at night, I'd like to do this. Can anyone direct me to the post or tell me the procedure? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Channged mine over to LED's in the front and rear and made them red for the rear and of course amber for the front. My rear act as run turn and brake, they also flash 3 times when braking. I'll search for the post Bare was working on.
Drywallman

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
It looks like I might actually finally be close to finishing the tail light mod that I have been working on for many months now. It's the same basic setup as the EC mod but better IMO and will cost a lot less. I need to iron out one or 2 more problems and then I'll be able to finish the write-up. If you can wait for it I think you'll be happy with it. :wink:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
OK Bare, if this is as good as your other write ups, it will be well worth the wait, so take your time...but hurry up! :p

·
Registered
176 Posts
I took the guts out of a set of front turn signals and installed them in the rear housings. This gives you 1157 bulbs in the rear. Run wires from the front run lights to the rear. The rear will operate as the front does. PM if you need details. If it were me at this time I would wait and see what Bare comes up with and then decide. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the idea of running the guts of front turn signals and putting them in the rear housings since I happen to have an extra set of front turn signals. Given what I've read in other write ups by Bare, I'm sure he'll have a great way to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts