Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for cheap solutions to make the turn signal profile narrower so that I can install hard, patrol style HD saddlebags. The Neo has a large hole in the fender for the turn signal and I can't find any aftermarket turn signals to fit the hole. Has anyone used plastic or rubber grommets in the fender hole to fit a generic aftermarket turn signal? Has anyone used cheap, adhesive LED strips? Here's a photo gallery of my current progress: https://imgur.com/gallery/gb3N0

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I installed some cheap LED strips on my backrest, tied them into my turn signals with a couple Y splitters under the seat, and they work great. I think they cost me less than $3 for both, and I was going to have another LED strip tied into the brake light with a brake flashing module on it, but changed my mind.

You could always go to your local Hardware store to get the grommet to fit that hole that would still work with your aftermarket signals. That's what I would do.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I also used LED's, just not strips. When you go the led route, you will need one of those electronic flashers. I got one off eBay for under $5, plug and play for Honda's. Really adds a new dimension to the bike.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts