Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I have posted and wanted to share some progress on my scooter. I switched the front wheel out for a 1800C wheel, painted both wheels black, blacked out front end and installed some Cree LED running lamps. The front are 9w and the rear are 7w, they are super bright and can easily be seen in the day time.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Very nice looking. Like that blacked out look with some chrome to make it stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
Very nice, I like the whole black and chrome look. Just an FYI, Metz and a couple other manufacturers make a 140/18 that fills the fender a little more if you're interested. It's a bias but I have 2 customers running them with radial in the rear with zero issues :doorag:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments guys, the bags are Tsukayu Strong Bags; I got these a couple of years ago and love them. They are not perfect but were a great price and are extremely strong, lock up tight and keep the water out. I can carry a full load of groceries, a ton of books or a tall bottle of bourbon next to my Kalashnikov. They are not large enough for a helmet though...too bad. Seriously though they are starting to show some wear in the material as the fiberglass has some scaling/cracking in the gel coat. I will end up sanding them down and paint them at some point.

·
Super Moderator
6,844 Posts
You Sir are doing a fine job!

[HR][/HR]
'05 1800 R/S/N
-

·
Registered
803 Posts
Great job! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Another bad arse bagger is born:thumbup: Nice work!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Jon for the info on the tire, I think the R is a 150 in the front and I never liked how fat it felt at slow speeds. My first VTX was the 1800C and I loved how it handled in corners and parking lots/slow speed. I really like the new Elite 3 tires, I had one before but never both together, they are super sweet and very aggressive grip. [HR][/HR]Yaesu, the Cree LEDs for the front: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35cb84079b&vxp=mtr and the ones in the back are red eagle eyes on ebay for $8, use resistors or the 12v will blow them out in a week (something like these):http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-UNIVERS...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d7516a9c&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
16,084 Posts
Yes Adam, the R is a 150/17 on a 3.5 inch wheel and the C is a 130/18 on a 3.5 wheel. I think the 140 handles the best of the 3. The 150 for sure is a slow turner and a real parking lot hog. In the end it's what you like best that is important :thumbup: Here is a pic of mine with new blacked out side covers. I don't have a full size shot but you get the idea. The balck out look is pretty cool IMO compared to some of the overdone chrome whores out there :lol:

0827031122.jpg

0827031123.jpg 9988.jpg

Thanks Jon for the info on the tire, I think the R is a 150 in the front and I never liked how fat it felt at slow speeds. My first VTX was the 1800C and I loved how it handled in corners and parking lots/slow speed. I really like the new Elite 3 tires, I had one before but never both together, they are super sweet and very aggressive grip. [HR][/HR]Yaesu, the Cree LEDs for the front: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35cb84079b&vxp=mtr and the ones in the back are red eagle eyes on ebay for $8, use resistors or the 12v will blow them out in a week (something like these):http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED-UNIVERS...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d7516a9c&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
great looking bike Jon

Jon, I was considering blacking out the left cover like yours but after seeing it I will probably do it I just could not bring myself to black the right side...not sure. What fairing do you have installed? I am seriously considering installing a knock-off Road King fairing on Ebay. What causes the headlight to protrude so far past the fairing? Thanks for the photos and ideas - great looking bike Jon; I will probably black the dashboard, air cover and coolant housing to bring the chrome down a touch. Is that a F with N rear fender?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts